Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I can't wait to have fireballs shot at me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Why did this awful matchmaking replace the server browser, again?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Is there something up with matchmaking for groups? Me and 3 other buddies have been queued up for casual for the past ten minutes, now. This is quickly draining all our desire to get back into the game.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Uuuuugh

Getting reeeeaaaaalll tired of running into blatant hackers every session now.

This time around the spinning sniper was supported by two medics, with the remainder of the red team actively refusing to acknowledge their presence at best and cheering them on at worst.

Coupled with the long matchmaking times whenever my group of friends manages to get together for a few rounds, this is very quickly taking the air out of the game for everyone.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Streamers deserve everything that happens to them in competitive games, if not more.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
A year later and I'm still physically incapable of connecting to any in-progress games that my friends are in (and worse, it seems that attempting to join a game locks the queue and prevents ANYONE from joining that particular server until I leave the queue), and trying to get a casual game going with my friends from around the globe leads to 30-minute long waits only to get shoved into an empty server hosted on the moon. Community servers not filled to the brim with lovely custom assets are few and far between.

Are we due for any new content soon, at least?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog

Victory Position posted:

did john carter ever go back to med school

Oof. I take it that there's not a lot of hope for the comics, either.

The game's still good and fun; even at 250 ping I can still futz around with Engineer or hose people down with a Heavy, and the blatant hacking has honestly gotten less frequent as of late. But holy crap has the matchmaking done more to kill my gang's interest in the game than anything else in this decade-or-so of hat simulation.

Wasn't there a Heavy update that was in the works to occur after Jungle Inferno?

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
In memory of a good friend and old LCS regular who I've lost recently, have the most absolutely-ancient footage of Goon Fortress shenanigans I know of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkLG2PeLlgY

As far as I can recall this was taken during the beta period you got when you preordered the Orange Box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Kiss From a Hog
Alien Swarm 2's time to shine baybee