Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

maget

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Aaaouuhh I don't have time anymore but if TF2 is back i am honorbound to turn it on again. What the gently caress I thought I'd moved on.... what are these chains....

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

quote:

- Fixed the Engineer being able to store the Gunslinger's melee crit for a future melee attack

Off to a rough start.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Flying Guillotine no longer crits, I'm getting madder the more I read.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I like that you can inspect your regular old weapons now, I want to take a good look at ol' Mike Jones.

e: I wonder if Saxxys have unique inspect animations now.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Your friends should be jealous that there is nothing in their world as worthy of such devotion of energy as TF2 used to be.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

:eyepop:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Crits are cool in pubs because you kill more and you get more crits and then you crit more and kill more and then god kills you for your hubris by granting a crit to some righteous warrior seeking to topple the blood-crown death king reigning fire over their server.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm glad we're on year ten and this game is exactly the same.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Zoolooman posted:

Still having fun in this game a decade later.

The best part of the update is the new flamethrower particles which are accurate.

I've had fun with the contracts. The trick to doing a defense objective is to get with a friend to double your chances of proccing it.

If you don't have any TF2 friends, just ask for one in a pub. Every two or three games, there is a 12 year old who is as good as you, even if you're amazing at this game, and he'll happily play with you at any loving hour. The price will be someone talking your ear off.

Hi Zoolooman! :o)

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

The Ambassador "you don't expect to get headshot by not-a-Sniper" line was one of the dumbest patch note reasonings I have ever read with my own two eyes. A truly baffling justification for neutering a skill-based weapon.

e: Also removing all crits from the Guillotine because getting killed by it "seemed random", despite it and the Sandman having two different parabolic arcs that I'm trying very hard to line up in sequence on purpose, it's not an accident that you ate that crit pal.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Ahh, I remember Backscratchers and Fists of Steel curing me of my crate habit.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Demoman with stickylauncher and stickyjumper :getin:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

QwertySanchez posted:

After watching a few of Muselk's vids on the game fortnite battle royale, and wandering around a Trade server with an updated version of gm_BigCity. I kinda wanna see TF2 get a battlegrounds game mode.

Have everyone use something like that one mercenary player model and start off with demoman or soldier stats and just a melee weapon.

Let them use the all class cosmetics, and whatever other ones might fit, and have the weapons be all the different tf2 weapons littered around the map. The map would probably be kinda small though due to engine limitations, ah well let valve figure that out, I'm sure the engine can handle it. :downs:

I remember when the Righteous Bison came out I liked the idea of the Soldier having a pistol secondary but also hating that they gave him the Incorrect Pistol Grip pose for his model, and this photo just reminded me of that. I think the Soldier would know better than to cup the bottom of his shooting hand this way.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Listen, if he knows how to build his own rocket launcher out of old plumbing fixtures and garbage I'm sure he knows how to stabilize a pistol.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Hats Wouldnt Fly posted:

He thinks shooting his feet with a rocket is the proper way to go fast,.

People think he's a simpleton but he clearly demonstrates an advanced understanding of physics and how to harness and manipulate kinetic force that is beyond the grasp of a whole generation of novice floorclickers.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

If you're doing a rocketjump off the ground, jump and imagine you're turning to the right side (or left if your viewmodels are flipped) and putting the gun right behind your heels. When you crouch you're pulling your knees up. Jump turn crouch fire. It becomes second nature after a while but that's the way I've visualized it, you want to make sure the expanding sphere of the rocket blast is behind and below you so the line from the explosion's epicenter to your rear end cheeks is aligned with your desired trajectory. This also applies when you later want to rocket jump off of walls. Remember the rocket actually comes out of the side of the screen, not the center, unless you're using the Quake gun, which makes sticking the rocket under your rear end that much easier. Don't press W or you'll decelerate.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Otacon posted:

where the gently caress is the community? are they all dead at this point?

The world outside has changed tremendously in the years since they sealed the door on Vault 1111

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Remember when "a jar of piss" was an April Fool's joke weapon idea?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Countblanc posted:

This but "a jet pack for the Pyro".

Napalm you put on the ground and light on fire, for area denial.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMWSerKGM6I

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

JB50 posted:

Why not just play with a different user name? He probably wants all the attention.

A lot of his videos were done on alternate accounts with random usernames so people couldn't keep friending him and following him around.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Happy Birthday TF2

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

neurotech posted:

I have a faint memory of a video someone posted in a TF2 thread, years ago. Can someone help me find it? IIRC it was a rocket jump tutorial video, narrated by a child with a British accent. I remember in the video he said something like "Can you run and jump??". Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

That's Harry Gomm.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

My ghost tyrant leaves matching-colored ghost footprints, is this why people keep trying to add me on Steam again? There was a gap where people left me alone but there's been a resurgence lately.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm here to roast this absolute noob.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

No one who has ever been moonshot by the Sandman didn't deserve it.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

When OW first came out I thought it was the bee's knees but after a month I got real sick of it and I will admit I was wrong back then. A shooter that de-emphasizes shooting the other guy dead can not be a good game.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Playing Soldier on pubs with a friend who isn't good at games but likes the Medic and telling them to "run kritz, trust me" was the most joy I've ever seen come out of this game. You get to share an experience with them that they may not have a chance to pull off on their own and they're so happy.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm going to have the last #1 crates in the world

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

TF3 would just be a battle royale so thank you lucky stars you still have Badwater Basin.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Remember when they gave Scout a new primary and they made it use his Secondary ammo? Ha ha. What the gently caress were they thinking

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

This post goes out to all the real ones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q16Kx9-Ys2s

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Happy Birthday TF2

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Steiv posted:

I love old honor rules that no one cares about anymore! What else don't I know?

don't cap hightower everyone is there for deathmatch

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Overwatch permanently sabotaged itself by creating a bunch of damage-mitigating classes who interpret "defense" as something other than fragging attackers and it is not a fixable problem. TF2 is the perfect formula for the broad genre of game that it is because every class can kill in two or three clean shots, including the medic. No other game is brave enough to embrace burst damage and mobility the way TF2 did.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Barriers were a solution for players with low twitch FPS skill to be able to participate by being lumps of meat who stop anything from happening if they don't want to play one of multiple support characters reversing the other team's progress rather than just killing them to halt further damage progression. There's so much un-fragging baked into the core of Overwatch and there's honestly no way to undo that design choice without trashcanning half the cast. TF2 on the other hand is very elegant in its simplicty, you pick one of eight broad archetypes of damage-giving or the one single guy who juices you enough to make a push through enemy fire with 150% health and it's always aggressive. You solve the problem by killing the other dude, there isn't a vast network of interconnected un-killing at play, the solution is basically always making the other guy turn into hamburger.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Adding a bunch of new characters to the jenga tower roster is one of the things that led to overwatch's problems at the start of this discussion. It's much easier to ban a lovely weapon than it is to ban an entire core character class.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

You see!! It's happening again!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

https://twitter.com/pablothinghouse/status/1218685958947835909