Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Mods please ban everyone itt with an overwatch av thanks in advance :angel:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

FactsAreUseless posted:

Who do you think is going to play TF2 besides Overwatch players?

bronies, small children, and bad posters

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Countblanc posted:

TF2 is suddenly detecting my ps4 controller and as soon as I join a game it locks out my mouse so I can't navigate menus (like picking a team), any idea how to disable this without just unplugging my controller every time I boot the game up

Yeah. I play with a 360 controller and I can't navigate menus with my mouse anymore. Also all my binds are gone and I can't set new ones. Thanks for breaking the loving game.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Ah they fixed the controller problem. I can aim I CAN FIGHT.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

iroguebot posted:

Haven't really played TF2 in a few years, but is this Jungle event replacing Halloween completely?

The update is called "Summer" in the files so Halloween is still months away!

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sanctum posted:

Hackers have been pretty prevalent for the past year. The real humans at Valve have forgotten about this game, but that's old news!

Anyways, here's a simu-kill

That picture is just TF2 names.png

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Otacon posted:

I dunno, if I was given the choice between Valve adding some new weapons, or fixing 1) matchmaking 2) hacking 3) hitboxes 4) melee detection 5) balance, I'd definitely choose neither - give me more hats.

same

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ninjewtsu posted:

Back on April 1st STAR_ actually did a tf2 stream, and the "joke" was that he genuinely tried to play tf2 as it currently exists on stream

Nearly every server he played on was decimated by lag and the few that weren't were full of people being weird attention whores to him (including a server admin?). Over the course of like 2 hours he managed to get in like 2 rounds worth of game play before he finally just called it quits

It was really sad to see the current state of tf2

maybe star should gently caress off

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jippa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChzU3NsyV7g

There is this huge out cry on reddit against the valve guy. I honestly think if you are pretending to hack you should just get banned for trolling because it has exactly the same effect on a casual game (loads of people just disconnect rather than having to convince people that there is a hacker and maybe have one normal round).

The only thing more fun than faking that you're hacking is getting banned for it, imo :shrug:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ChaseSP posted:

Ban anyone using a textbind in valve servers. Easy.

hey woah hey let's not be rash here

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Sterling, USA is Virginia

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Otacon posted:

They were rewarded to participants of the Dota 2 championship in 2011... basically nobody has them, ESPECIALLY people who still play TF2 in TYOOL 2018.

thought they went to anyone who bought the compendium? I've seen the engie one before.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Look who I found on a random pub playing Kong King

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Amby is only crits within 1200 HU

edit: also Third Degree is a straight upgrade for the fire axe, it has no downside and it does damage to anyone connected via medigun beams. nothing like hitting a crit and killing 2 people.

Peanut President fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 9, 2019

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I was hoping they'd make axtinguisher worse with "sketchek's remorse" added on, something like "you take 5 dps when wielding this"

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I made 20,000 steam fun bucks

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Jippa posted:

OW way more like a moba or some thing.

finally someone agrees with me

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Sanctum posted:

Who are you? I thought he bought his own account and I'm sorry, he wasn't ready =( But his irony is just more internalized and heartfelt than yours.

Do you really think he thought pyro was a viable class in 6's? The entire thing was a joke, but the bigger joke was how well he was able to do against "good" 6's players that didn't like having their rote chess match fudged up with silly gimmicks. I'm also a big fan of thief, and everyone hated him too. I like people that can take "the way real pro's do it" and turn that upside down, even if by being really unpredictable in stupid ways. And I would encourage them to do it, even in an environment where some of us are still struggling to learn the ropes of 6's pushes. The ropes are for suckers.

The most consistently good player I've ever played in MGE is not any of the toppest-top invite level players, it's carpet's BFF. Spello. Wilka. Whatever he's going by. That dude is the anti-carpet, he does nothing but practice and play hard to COUNTER bullshit. He is vanilla tryhard supreme. And of course he's carpet's best bro.

sir this is the overwatch thread

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
do not put money into this dead rear end game, that's my advice

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
no joke me and a friend played some koth last night and I got a loving christmas 2018 crate

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Max Wilco posted:

EDIT: Does there exist a SA thread for Source Filmmaker?

there was but I think it got archived

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
dustbowl is the best map in the game also my go to troll is schadenfreude after every kill and hitting my "go back to overwatch" bind

edit: and if they start bitching at me in all chat i just reply with the bind

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
here's my tiermaker:
S: Dustbowl
A: KOTH_KING
B: goatse

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Otacon posted:

You're 100% correct - this video confirms your thoughts.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqaI5LhNalk

wow great video

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
of course I have all these fuckin crates but I can't trade, thanks volvo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
hwguy voice: I AM VERY HAPPY

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

ArfJason posted:

Wait didnt the heavy and his family escape from siberian labor camps hed probably hate communism or am i misremembering

pretty sure heavy's family still live in the soviet union

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
it would destroy my entire way of playing AD which is to go Demo and run Iron Bomber/Splendid Screen/Strange Killstreak Pain Train ( :popeye: ) and try to kill a couple before I die and sneak time on the point.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
hey Underlords got an update today so they got at least 1 dude on that

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I think the only one I'm missing from Poker Night 1 is the iron curtain so I'm pretty angry at you.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
well whaddaya know

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

gtrmp posted:

If they really had to keep the Halloween restrictions (they don't), they could at least make them work the way the Pyrovision items like the Balloonicorn do, so that you can wear them whenever but only the players who are also wearing Halloween items can actually see them.

That, or implement a toggle in the menu to hide the more thematically inappropriate and visually distracting cosmetics.

a button that lets you turn off unusuals :popeye:

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Max Wilco posted:

+ Something I found really amusing is that in Medieval Mode on DeGroot Keep, whatever you type into chat get converted into 'Ye Olde English'.

I always loved that.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
i miss the weekly silliness on the server whose name I can't remember
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kSjqT_ztDc

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Someone please explain to me who in the world queues up for CTF_Doublecross, goes Scout with the Force-A-Nature to quick cap twice, get stymied by sentries, and go DH soldier to cap while calling the enemy team slurs for building sentries?

Do they have a fetish for loading screens or what

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Speaking of, whatever happened to Campo Santo? They got absorbed into Valve for their second game whose name I can't remember and then nothing.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

i killed a sticky demo as scout where's my cheevo

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
I died to you once and I was like "is that actually zoolooman" glad to see it was. also IDK how we won that

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Zoolooman posted:

huge throws also our ludicrously (suspiciously) good sniper was going saltmode and claiming the enemy sniper was cheating so ???

ah yes classic tf2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Cryo, instead of burning your freeze. Although that’s horrible from a gameplay standpoint it would be fun to have a incomprehensible ying to the Pyros yang.

literally that one girl from Overwatch

also you guys are forgetting The Civilian and The Dog