Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

I can't believe I'm going to be completely sober launching tf2 in tyool 2017

(PS those patch notes are surprisingly good)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Oh my god, ahahahaha after over 7 years of bullshit, get hosed danger shield

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

I've never seen stuttering this bad, hopefully it smoothie out when the servers stabilize, and it's not something from the patch

E: Jeeze, I'm even getting it in bot matches to a lesser degree

Vaah fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 21, 2017

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

https://twitter.com/baraGodzilla/status/921874160833454085

weapon paint is good

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Jose Mengelez posted:

I got the cow paint... but you cant apply it to the mad milk. trash game for imbeciles.

All paint is exceptional on the holy mackerel

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Just getting back into TF2 this past week and man the casual matchmaking situation is pretty loving dire huh? The 1 ping bot cheaters were easy enough to remove with vote-kicks, but the past three days of auto-disconnect is pretty unavoidable.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Galaxander posted:

There's definitely a thing of cheaters bringing along a party of bots to make themselves immune to getting vote kicked.

Those bot groups also will kick normal players, was briefly top-scoring as sniper on upward last night when like 6 people joined at once and that immediatey called a votekick on me that passed in like 3 seconds. Never kicked the friend I was playing with though.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Galaxander posted:

I guess I'm noob, but what's up with Pauling talking to you when you spawn on community servers?

Do you have a contract activated?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Galaxander posted:

No I don't have contracts.

That is pretty weird, the only time I ever remember hearing her was while in the middle of a contract/turning it in.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Team Fortress 2 Update Released

April 24, 2020 - TF2 Team

An update to Team Fortress 2 has been released. The update will be applied automatically when you restart Team Fortress 2. The major changes include:

> Updated localization files

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

I'll have to dig up the screenshot, but tf2 is far from dead and I think they hit an all-time peak recently.

(Well dead from a development standpoint maybe, but there's still an increasing number of people playing it)

E: this was from a month ago

Vaah fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Jan 31, 2021

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Sniper is perfectly fine and the worst thing valve's ever done was change the Bushwhacka from 20% fire vuln to damage vuln. :mad:

This has nothing to do with my 2k hours as sniper, purely objective.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

ArfJason posted:

this was being hinted at by a bunch of people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BSxyy5AthJU

Signed up for the beta. Cautiously optimistic, but I really wonder if the playerbase will hold up.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

I really wonder if this face it thing will be able to keep up a playerbase. Tf2 center takes forever to get off the ground last I checked, but maybe the more casual environment will help it idk.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Bots are already back

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Sniper main here, just kill me lol. Easy counter

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Upward is the best payload map.

Yes I'm a sniper main, why do you ask?

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

if "items" includes weapons, I'm looking forward to the reaction to how bad/op/buggy they are.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

I love reading Sniper nerf ideas. You'll never un-shot your head.

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

Unscoped bodyshots rule, especially when they're preceded by a quick headshot.

The real treat is 3 of them on a scout harassing you, it's like shooing away a fly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

pokchu posted:

Even aside from bots, snipers are incredibly problematic now in the same way they were in Unreal Tournament. At this point, people are just WAY good at clicking heads, and there's really not a lot of Z-axis variation along sightlines (and that's discounting the fact that in a lot of maps, the sightlines are entirely too open) meaning a sniper doesn't have to move a whole lot on the vertical axis of the mouse, and can just really worry about horizontal.

It's super frustrating and honestly just unfun to be against 2-3 snipers every single round (on both sides, I'm sure), making large swaths of maps complete no-go zones.

No z-axis movement? One of the greatest joys as a sniper is headshotting a jumping Soldier/Demo trying to bomb you