Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009
If anyone wants to join I'll be hosting a server for the event.

74.91.116.204:27015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

If only TF2 servers were not mostly community owned and run but instead were vastly more maintained by Valve they might be able to fart out some kind of luke warm half solution.....WAIT A MINUTE

I mean server plugins have existed for ages that can auto kick/ban players for saying a blacklisted word there’s no reason Valve couldn’t rollout one that bans players who drop the n-word at the very least. Of course given that Valve knows gamers very well, which is why they have never done anything against the huge amount of literal Nazi Steam groups, this is to be expected

I've found that Valve will actually take down Nazi steam groups pretty quickly if you report them.

1-800-DOCTORB
Nov 6, 2009

King Lazer posted:

I would like to see a payload loop where instead of having a finish, the attacking team gets points for each time the cart goes past a checkpoint. The payload would never stop, continuing to move at a minimal speed even with no one pushing (and of course going faster when pushed). You could always go around to attack the other team from behind.

Payload is reasonably fun to me except when defense is winning. The last point almost always ends up being pure misery, so this is my dimly imagined idea of a fun payload.

pl_snaketemple