Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Team Fortress 3 should be 90% the exact same but now there's a new 64 player big map mode and Nine Vehicles, each themed after each class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Team Fortress battle royale mode that has 30 teams of 3 on one big map

For some reason for a few entire seconds I somehow flipped the numbers and thought this said 3 teams of 30.

And hell, I'm ready to meet the GRN

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

TF3 would have nine new classes. This time all women.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I will never unequipped the default sticky launcher. I can rarely bring myself to get rid of the default grenade launcher even. If I don't have my demolitions how can I call myself a demoman.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

quote:

quickybomb launcher

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Quickiebomb_Launcher

Huh. Has it really been that long since I played or did I just forget this existed.

I should reinstall. Every other shooter I have played chasing that dragon has let me down. Perhaps it's time to come home.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Have any scientist discovered why no one has made an online multiplayer first person shooter as good as team fortress 2 despite having 17 years to make an attempt.

Aint nothing out there like having a good day of playing the demonstration man

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

It's absolutely a different situation and won't be nearly as successful because TF2 is still around and free to play and STILL has a decent player base but I wonder how successful a battlebit style three guys in a basement low res copy of team fortress would be.

Like okay tf2 is already pretty low res on account of being almost 20 years old but you know what i mean.

Like obviously with some things changed and added. After so long with nothing new I bet people would be frothing for a new mechanic or two.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Feb 2, 2024

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

The bots are clearly a product of a conspiracy of all the major companies who think it should be illegal for you to play a game older than six months instead of buying the hot new thing right NOW.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

Vagabong posted:

Is it silly to say I think it an indie tf2 clone would struggle to land because off the bat you'd struggle to get 9 distintive VOs for the classes? In my mind a major part of the games longevity is that they killed it with 9 very unique and entertaining characters; you couldn't just make a game with better gameplay, you'd also have to make a game with better personality.

I'm now realizing the bootlegged tf2 game that exists only in my vague daydreams during the slow parts of work would be a major flop if made real. I didn't think for even a second about personalities or voice actors. I got distracted by dreams of making a class with no guns but can place twelve different kinds of mines and other such nonsense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

I think we already talked about like a page ago but I just want to shout out to tf2 for having the best sentry gun in an fps. Everyone else is a coward who make their sentry guns out of glass and paper and shoot out funny tickle bullets and then nerf them even more when the players all start crying about it. TF2 has a beefy fucker that WILL kill you if it sees you.

To go off topic a bit like my number one problem with Tribes 3 compared to Tribes 2 is that as far as I can tell I can no longer place up to 20 outdoor and 20 indoor turrets anymore. The oppression of automated defenses and the freaks who build them has gotten out of hand. Let me tend my gardens.

Whitenoise Poster fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 3, 2024