Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Main Paineframe posted:

This sounds pretty cool but I'm not sure it's cool enough to reinstall the game and put up with the dumb matchmaking poo poo

it would help if the game wasn't such a gigantic, bloated mess nowadays

also if heavy had actually gotten something different for a primary, but, i guess we'll have to wait 2 years more or something to hope for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

noice

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Slime posted:

good to see valve are still 100% incompetent at handling cheating

Had an aimbotter who changed his name to someone else's and there doesn't seem to be an easy way to identify which one I'm reporting, since the list on the report screen doesn't show their avatar or anything. when it's difficult to even report people it's no wonder script kiddies are a goddamn plague

yeah but the heavy got a banana. look at the yeti

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yes

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think expecting valve to care about tf2 at this point might be a bit too optimistic

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it took a while but i'm glad valve was able to set up a successful front for their money laundering business that they operate on the side. probably didn't need make it take up so many gigs, though.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah i kind of wish valve would do people a favor and tell them it's on life support instead of this 'totally an update coming any day now even though it's been almost two years since the last one' vague bullshit that people have to kind of assume

just don't bother, really

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it would probably cause a shitstorm if they announced it but part of me would hope they would at least respect the playerbase enough to tell them literally anything instead of just flipping on holiday poo poo to drain more money out of people

also a belated lmao at the Carpet Defender logging in earlier

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

yeah it's kind of telling when apparently no one has thought to wheel their desk over and turn off the holiday crate drops for 7 entire months after christmas ended

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's kind of depressing. i just want some sort of closure.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i used to very regularly topscore as heavy or the soldier using purely the stock shotgun (& rocket jumper as soldier) to the point where people would accuse me of hacking, so i can personally say that it's still one of the most useful shotguns i've ever put to use in a videogame and if someone still wants to spend time in tf2 i would say that getting friendly with the thing will not steer you wrong

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

also as a general tip that applies to the shotgun along with other things that do burst damage is to not try and 'follow' opponents with your crosshairs because you'll have to constantly overcompensate and keep track of where you're pointing at any given moment. instead, 'flick' your aim at where they are when you want to shoot but don't keep your sights targeted on them the entire time. in retrospect this might explain why some people thought i was hacking and then spectated me because it probably looks really weird from the outside to see someone's character model jerk around like that.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lmao if someone doesn't like harvest

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

just do what i did instead and play more harvest

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

interesting strategy to make tf2 go out with a bang, valve. let's see how it plays out

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

probably just leave because the framework in place to discourage hackers is nonexistent and valve doesn't give a poo poo

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

despite all the odds that 4chan party van server was actually pretty okay the good majority of the time and when it wasn't it wasn't really any worse than uh. well. the average server in an fps game.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Mercury Crusader posted:

The last TF Comics issue thing was back in January 10, 2017. Think we'll get the next one by January 10, 2020?

no

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

'respond quickly'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

https://twitter.com/ValveNewsNetwor/status/1249794008265756692

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

valve has already shown to be awful at getting rid of hackers in tf2 for years so i genuinely wouldn't touch the game right now unless you really want your computer to be remotely set on fire

an optimist would maybe say that this would inspire valve to do something with tf2 for once but i'm prepared to assume that they would rather just shutter the game than lift a finger, lmao

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Craig K posted:

from the dota side, rubick's original voice actor passed on a while back, and valve memorialized his passing by slamming out a $35 arcana with a voice pack done by a completely new actor

he was so skilled he stole another dude's voice

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

valve sure as hell hasn't

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Taciturn Tactician posted:

In what world would this make Valve pay more attention to TF2?

they use it purely as a means to squeeze money out of people who haven't yet realized that tf2 is dead and if that cashflow dries up then they might wonder what happened

which is probably more engagement than there is right now of 'occasionally grunt and kick out a new batch of hats made by people who don't even work at valve'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i think the dragon's fury should have been the baseline for pyro and have all the rest crib from that in terms of how they function

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

It's weird to see people legitimately wanting to nerf the pyro as if he wasn't a sitting duck for most of the 4 actually good classes in the game.

i said what i said because i like using the dragon's fury a lot and i hate things where you just hold down a button and run at people. part of me feels like if the pyro had been built from the ground up with something like the aimed puffs in mind then maybe it wouldn't have ended up such a weird and stupid class to balance.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Paul MaudDib posted:

I think that's understating things. Heavy has a very low skill ceiling, it's not really a complex or interesting class to play.

actually heavy with a shotgun is the most skillful class in the game

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Victory Position posted:

You even get a one-shot kill in the form of your fingers.

it's impossible to counter a heavy using exclusively the shotgun who has up to 450 health and good aim. this is a fact.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i just want tribes: ascend to come back

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

valve should actually pay attention to the game

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

mod sass is okay if it's about fps games

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's only topped by the 'gun and capri sun' page for witch doctor from dota, in my mind. i don't know if it even exists anymore.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

hell YES

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

this is all a leadup to them officially saying they're sunsetting the game and putting it on life support

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

lol