Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
If you can straight up join friends that are in matchmaking games then maybe I'll have to reinstall this glorious ten-year disaster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
That seems like it would be handled by this:

quote:

Added a ConVar to control players changing their name during a match
tf_allow_player_name_change: default is 1
Matchmaking servers will set this to 0

Matchmaking servers won't let you change your player name when you connect.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
nobody loves hydro

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
maybe if you try the joke a third time it might land, but knowing valve

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
drat dagnabbit damnit

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Reiley posted:

Don't worry, he said "greatest fans in the world". He's not talking about MOBAs.

:hmmyes:

plus, would anybody really be excited about a dota 2 update?

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
That just reminds me, imagine if the Backburner never got its air blast back.

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Dieting Hippo posted:

tbh i still treat it like that, even more so with new airblast :negative:

Wait, new airblast? oh no

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Grapplejack posted:

I'm also a big backburner guy and you're using the airblast either to close space or to cover an escape, or to get a sick fuckin reflect kill (this always takes precedent over everything else). I loathe pyros that use the basic flamethrower or the degreaser and do nothing but spam airblast, totally wasting your class's potential

there's nothing that quite compares to that innate sense you get when fighting a soldier or demo about when they're going to fire their rocket and nailing the airblast

more than once i've gotten right up in their face and hit the airblast button to, the instant that rocket comes out, PING! and a shower of gibs.... :discourse:

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Fishbus posted:

Exactly. There’s intent by me. There’s other places where I do have it and a lot of these were conscious decisions. The reason the map is so loving wild with little oddities is from the insane iteration and testing we did here on SA. Like 24 solid for an hour every day for 5 months like I don’t even get a whiff of that in my job I took it for granted back then!

wait you made cp_steel? drat. good memories playing that one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar
now i'm curious if the 100% crits mario_kart server is still up