Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Milo and POTUS posted:

So yeah, can't apply warpaints to strange weapons. Not that big a deal, I'm only out about a buck and a quarter, but still frustrating. Can you apply a strange warpaint to an already strange weapon or will it destroy the weapon and presumably its stats? Or do you apply a strange warpaint to a normal weapon? I know 90% of it is that I've never messed around with this sort of poo poo in games before but honestly I am completely confused by everything about this stuff.

War Paints don't actually apply to an existing weapon, instead they create a brand new weapon with that skin. So a Strange Warpaint will give you a Strange Weapon with that skin. Kill Count Transfer tools work just fine between Painted and Unpainted weapons, though if your unpainted strange had any bonus tracking parts, you'll need to apply those parts to the painted strange before transferring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU