Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I just found out there's no minicrit strange part which is hosed up. Been learning how to airblast launch people with reflected projectiles and wanted to get reserve shooter with something like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Diamondback is only more OP if you're able to not die which is a skill level out of reach for most spies I've found. Still eaiser than the Ambassador to use though if your aim is bad.

E: I'm upset to come back to the game and find out the loose cannons range is poo poo now compared to what it used to be. It's very aggravating.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I just find the shorter range really drat annoying now. Especially with how it'll always take two hits for a soldier or demoman to kill you as well. Still great to pop low health classes atleast

And I was speaking more a rhetorical sense with that. In reality yeah with how unaware people can be it really isn't hard to get a stack of crits.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

you could try using it with the big earner. Does that work with the DR?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Expecting Valve to probably fix this with this being out in the open for eveyone to exploit. Especially after them just releasing an update to try and fix pyro to make them more consistent.

Also turns out strange crit kills part counts mini-crtis.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

are all the contracts crates as rewards saw gameplay and only saw those as a reward.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So randomly unboxed a crate and got this
Apparently it's worth 60+ bucks on the marketplace goddamn I'm lucky.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I know that's the smart and not holy gently caress dumb thing to do but man would having a fancy unusual taunt be neat.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

So guys uh, you know that unusualfier I got? I used it.
I think I really lucked out.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I seriously don't know what to do with this thing whether to cash out now and wait a month or just trade it for so many keys i never have to buy any cosmetics again.

$100 on the steam marketplace but worth over 250 keys.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Oh I'm experienced with scammers. Played Eve for a while so I'm used to every trick. Just gently caress this thing is worth over 200 keys. I don't even have space for that many keys

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Nov 29, 2017

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'm aware it's just how mind blowing this is to me with this happening.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Electrolytes.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Are you insulting Abraham Lincoln? You better take back your terrible comments about the classic American invention we all know and love.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Ban anyone using a textbind in valve servers. Easy.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You can still shitpost in whatever trade server you mess on. Seems like a fine compromise between allowing text binds and removing them from the game totally.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Sandman Guillotine was really bullshit but also really drat satisfying getting it at long range.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

This is amazing and I can't wait for the traders to get real pissed.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Can't wait for the Great Hat Crash to be an offical part of the Team Fortress lore and be the key cause for TF3 happening.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Sandman and Guillotine didn't replace your main weapon like the Direct Hit did. You don't lose nearly as much if you're bad with them compared if you can't use the direct hit worth poo poo, especially since as a scout you can easily get the gently caress out even with 0 ammo in everything and low health

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Also while we're complaining about nerfs gently caress i miss the old Baby Face Blaster. I understand it was actual bullshit due to outrunning your hitbox but it really loving fun running all over the place with it and being a menace that could be anywhere at any time if there were stairs available.

I wish you didn't nearly slow down as much just from being grazed with how it works now.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Shield Grenade Demoman is great, pipes aren't the easiest to hit and you're open to eat poo poo if you miss due to not having a backup unless you go Hybridknight which is a very fun playstyle. Who doesn't love being a Demoman with 210 health who runs faster than a Medic.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The real use is getting sick kills off of launching a demoman/soldier into the air with a reflect and nailing them midair

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

5cp would be far more bearable if points only gave time on the first capture in a match, or if there was a much lower max time limit.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If TF2 Faceit kicks off that there's a siginifant queue time you can absolutely bet there will be a premium thing for it.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Mini's are often only an issue if you lack soldiers or people that can actually shoot them and take them out quickly. Of course given this is TF2 half your team will probably be spy and sniper and you'll just be frustrated the whole time.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I really think the amabassdor was overnefed and should have a larger range of fall off, but as a gun to whip out and do sick headshots in close quarters it's still fun and cool as hell. Problem is the diamondback being a broken piece of poo poo so why bother unless you want to flex with your Australium Ambassador with Headshot Kills.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Aug 10, 2023

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Honestly I think limiting your offensive options by going hybrid demo is one of the funnest ways to actually play the class and offers some really fun benefits with the eyelander on grenade demo as an example.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

If you wanted to do a similar test to sniper on payload, I feel like you'd see far more results banning or limiting engineer on CTF by virtue of how much it slows the game down without a competent demo/soldier and medic pair often.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

The main thing is the downsides for the brass beast in MvM are basically not a factor at all esp with a single pip of knockback resistance to use in the rare emergency case of a demo knight getting too close without a uber or barrier up. Every other minigun doesn't offer anything remotely as useful as just more raw damage.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

New maps are mostly good, same for cosmetics if you're into that kind of thing so overall a decent modern update. No warskins sucks but then again all the previous ones have been pretty rear end anyway.

Krampus manages to capture the same kind of magic in older Halloween updates where you could easily see it just being the sole big thing as the center piece.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 21:56 on Dec 11, 2023

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

All Heavy needs for fat scout is a full on super shotgun in his primary like what the class got in TFC. It wouldn't be overpowered in anything given it'd be a close/mid-range weapon on Heavy of all classes but it'd be funny to blast a dude in two shots close up like scout can.

You could make it like a scattergun or panic attack on steroids but only give it 2 or 3 slots meaning your secondary would still be an important decision between healing or perhaps dealing with a protracted engagement by picking the family business.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Dec 13, 2023

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Been using the quickybomb launcher more and man is it just fun to tag retreating people with it or pester from long range. It's really good at that

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Whitenoise Poster posted:

https://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Quickiebomb_Launcher

Huh. Has it really been that long since I played or did I just forget this existed.

I should reinstall. Every other shooter I have played chasing that dragon has let me down. Perhaps it's time to come home.

It was pretty boring on launch due to just having a flat -15% damage penalty and just having a faster charge rate/being able to destroy stickies. But some time after it got a damage buff depending how high you charge it meaning a max charge quickiebomb does more damage than a standard sticky and is much easier to hit at long range giving it a pretty great artillery like role. Oh also the stickies fizzled out after 2 seconds instead of the current 4 seconds.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

khwarezm posted:

Think about stuff like the issue of the old Loch-n-Load and Direct Hit one shotting light classes.

They actually addressed the issue with the former by removing damage ranges which meant that under the old buff the Loch-n-Load could only do 120 damage max and so couldn't oneshot a scout from max health any longer. But then they decided to remove the damage buff anyway which felt weird to me it honestly feels not worth anything aside from the easier to hit pipes. I guess it deals 25% bonus damage to buildings. Maybe give it a mid-air crit so it could have a role as the demoman's direct hit equivalent imo speaking of which. The Direct Hit still murders Scout/Spy/sniper/Engie w/o gunslinger close up though at a whopping 140 damage.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 17, 2023

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

You also have a perfect answer for this with the wrangler anyway, or the short circuit if you just don't want any projectile class to have fun.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Most people grabbing a direct hit (including me) are pretty heavily nerfing themselves in regular fighting also to get the ability to more easily deal with sentries. Direct Hit has it's reputation as the best melee weapon for a reason.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

People are hesitant about nerfing one of the two methods for dealing with sentries comes from how annoying stacked sentries can be, especially with how multiple engineers make it much faster to replace any blown up sentry making the ability to kill both as soon as possible far more important.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

I'd say the Wrangler still affords the sentry way too much extra tank as an easy get out of jail free card for anything but a really solid push for your sentry. Still it's much better than it was before at least and it's probably going to stay like that forever.

The fact that the 66% damage resistance/33% repair rate means that the damage to repair formula is still equal but you now have vastly more health feels weird.

ChaseSP fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Dec 17, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

Nope you repair it at a slower rate but it's still pretty much equivalent to the amount of damage the sentry taken. Which is still better than when there was no reduction at all to the amount of repairing done to a sentry meaning a wrangled sentry was basically invincible especially once the rescue ranger was added.