Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

I recently picked up playing TF2 again myself after the YouToob Algo got it's hooks in me via showing me some Lazy Purple and Soundsmith stuff. It really reminded me of the main reason I played so long, the funny ragdolls and the community. Still the game on Steam with the most hours in it even after almost a decade of not really playing it.

I really don't feel like in any other game you can round a corner to go up some stairs, someone jumps over your head in an attempt to stab you with a melee weapon and whiff after which you both lock eyes as he draws his gun to try and salvage the situation as you... say "Thanks!" and stand still. He stops his side strafe, says "Thanks!" back and you each go your separate ways.

Also kill binds are never not funny, I'm glad they exist and are allowed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

There's something to be said for the market at the time of TF2s release being the perfect environment for it to succeed so much in addition to the fact Valve pioneered lootboxes and cosmetics value. The first person introducing something is typically gonna be the biggest winner if they pull it off right, and Valve sure did.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Reiley posted:

e: Rest in Peace Rick May

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

isn't bleed more bullshit since you can only heal it via medic or medkit (counting heavy food items here)? Afterburn you can jump in water or a sniper, scout, pyro can put you out in addition to the original two classes mentioned.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Milo and POTUS posted:

I like that engi weapon where it bleeds for anti spy work it's hilarious to me and it's awesome when it works.

Usually they just shoot them

shooting them is better because being in melee with a spy is a cointoss, regardless of their skill level and yours.

That said SH is basically just a straight upgrade over the stock wrench so might as well use it lol

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

cock hero flux posted:

they added those dumb counterstrike weapon skin things at some point

i keep forgetting they exist because they don't work in directx 8 mode so i have literally never seen one in game

excuse me you play in what? :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

This game is the peak of comedy and you will never convince me otherwise.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...150c94ca2ff82e&