Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I still miss being able to hop into 20/24 gravelpit valve servers and start blasting people :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Now the panic attack is the ultimate "My primary is out of ammo let me whip out my secondary and blast this guy instantly"

Caber is still dead.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

That's why I play engineer; they're like fawns before my stationary combine.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

bootleg tf2 fireworks

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

A.o.D. posted:

You can't even sell a stout shako for two refined these days.

You can if you find the right person

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

cock hero flux posted:

There's been a massive decline in quality over the past several years which seems to have finally bottomed out when, after killing all decent community servers, they removed valve servers from the browser and forced everyone to use their awful matchmaking system and then stopped updating forever. So all that exists currently is basically the worst TF2 you could play back in 2014(when it had already declined a fair bit from The Good Old Days), but which requires you to wait 5 to 10 minutes. And is on a server that probably isn't playing the map you want or has nobody on it or is filled with hackers and dropbots or gives you terrible ping. Quit out of this and try to match again and it'll put you right back in the same server, and if you open the server browser all you'll see is Skial 24/7 Hightower and achievement_idle. If you manage to navigate through all of that and get randomly deposited onto a valve server that isn't some variety of clusterfuck or find one of the few surviving community servers(if there are any, haven't checked in a year or two and it's possible the final pockets of resistance have been squashed) then you can play what is basically TF2, but with balance issues and half of both teams sitting in spawn circlejerking over their 200 dollar hats that have geysers of flame shooting out of them.

Strongly :agreed:

What was wrong with just going into a 20~/24 valve server on any map you wanted, immediately loading in and playing whatever you wanted, compared to using a crappy version of DOTA matchmaking queueing? Good luck also trying to search for maps like Foundry anymore.

I ended my TF2 playtime by spending several hours on a weekend getting up to 500 headshots on one of those 16v16 dustbowl holdout servers on my Happy Wheels huntsman. I would give that 5 stars.
But nothing else in the current TF2 environment, IMO.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Now if only we can get instant drop-in valve servers back with the (maybe) rollback.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

I am still mad that valve killed the wealth of 20/24 population gravelpit and dustbowl and foundry valve serves for parity with overwatch

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Bring back actual valve servers :colbert:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Roth posted:

It's only mod sass if you scorchshot me while I'm trying to snipe your medic.

What if I scorchshot the medic the sniper is trying to hit, loving up the shot :smuggo:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Johnny Joestar posted:

it's only topped by the 'gun and capri sun' page for witch doctor from dota, in my mind. i don't know if it even exists anymore.

Think again

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Just bring back 20/24 player gravelpit valve servers that would then cycle to junction immediately IMO

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

E: I am a goddamn idiot :smith:

There's probably an fpsbanana joke here somewhere

Only registered members can see post attachments!

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Jan 26, 2022