Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Thanks for the heads up on the uncletopia server, it seems like a decent shot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
When are they going to fix pyro's flame sprites?

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Uncletopia has opened more servers in Europe, and weirdly its made the experience worse for me; they already have a fairly limited map list, and now when a map gets voted on that isn't a favourite the server empties pretty quickly so people can play upward on one of the other servers.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

The Deleter posted:

Can't land pipes on anybody except a Heavy revved up and standing still.

As someone who plays a lot of demo stationary heavies (and spies) are the hardest targets to hit. You get so used to leading everyone that it fucks up my aim.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Didn't they put out a similar tweet a few years ago? That didn't exactly work out.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I feel like making player kills the objective would ruin the vibe in a different way.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Hihohe posted:

Holy poo poo am i reading this right? They actually nerfed the Iron Bombers Hitbox to be the smallest like its supposed to be?

Sicko laughing that my dedicated refusal to switch from stock finally paid off.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
I think the babt face blaster is bad because I remember it's unerfed, hotbox breaking, incredibly overpowered original form.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
CTF is good because its a low stakes deathmatch and tf2 is good enough that just mucking around is still good fun

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

IronicDongz posted:

koth is a better version of this tbqh

KOTH is too short, you cant build up dumb rivalries

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019

Whitenoise Poster posted:

It's absolutely a different situation and won't be nearly as successful because TF2 is still around and free to play and STILL has a decent player base but I wonder how successful a battlebit style three guys in a basement low res copy of team fortress would be.

Like okay tf2 is already pretty low res on account of being almost 20 years old but you know what i mean.

Like obviously with some things changed and added. After so long with nothing new I bet people would be frothing for a new mechanic or two.

Is it silly to say I think it an indie tf2 clone would struggle to land because off the bat you'd struggle to get 9 distintive VOs for the classes? In my mind a major part of the games longevity is that they killed it with 9 very unique and entertaining characters; you couldn't just make a game with better gameplay, you'd also have to make a game with better personality.