Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Sweet Jesus it's the fabled Mardi Gras Cat-bird!

Fojar38 posted:

Yeah the rule is that you don't try to win Doublecross because if people win it means you're closer to playing a CTF map that isn't Doublecross

I legit did not know this. Now I feel like a jerk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

I love old honor rules that no one cares about anymore! What else don't I know?

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

So, like, is this safe to play or what?

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Having gotten incredibly sick of bots, I’ve recently moved to playing mostly on community servers. I’ve found some weird, fun game modes like Class Wars and Engineer Fortress that I’ve really been enjoying. Anyone got a favorite game mode / server they wanna turn me on to? I know Uncletopia is always good for standard gameplay, but anyone got any unusual ones?

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Thumbtacks posted:

I realized recently that the way I want to play pyro and pyro's actual job are extremely different so I've been branching out a bit and I think scout might be more geared towards the "get in there and annoy the hell out of people" playstyle I am looking for. Sucks having so little health though, but I guess that's the price you pay.

FWIW, I've had a lot of success with Backburner / Thermal Thruster / Back Scratcher for harassing the other team. Make peace with the fact that you're gonna die a lot, and hope that you can take out at least two enemies while doing so. Bonus if you're Blue and the Red respawn timer is way longer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steiv
Oct 16, 2005

Why the gently caress am I suddenly getting kicked for “being a bot”?