Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Chiefs two ROLB are funny because all Zombo can do is play the run and all Dee Ford can do is rush the passer, they both completely suck at the other half of the position

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GobiasIndustries posted:

I thought Lynch was still hurt?
Yeah he is. I think he should be off the list in two weeks?

Also, we still have Chad Kelly (who will likely "redshirt" this season) so there is some modicum of hope for the future.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

warcrimes posted:

Someone wondered about Mack's run defense in last Thursday's GDT, here ya go.

https://twitter.com/PFF_Oakland/status/922550106129358849

Glad to see that the younger Watt is also a beast.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A couple observations about the Jags-Colts game after watching the highlights again.
1.) Brissett took a bunch of hits and abuse he did not need to take because the refs took an eternity to blow plays dead when he was "in the grasp" of a Jaguars player.
2.) It is a miracle that Brissett never turned the ball over.
3.) lol @ TY Hilton for blaming that all on the Colt's OLine - most of the sacks came in the second half when they were down 20 then 27 and they were exclusively passing, but the OL usually held out long enough to get a pass off, but none of his receivers were ever open.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Since 2001, every NFL team has been shut out, except two. The Broncos hadn't been shut out since 1992, and the Colts hadn't been shut out since 1993.

Both the Broncos and the Colts were shut out, yesterday.

10 Fascinating Facts about the NFL Week 7

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Both starting tackles currently on the Chargers were with the Broncos last season

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

I can't believe we shut out the Broncos

Same here, though I was saying in the days up to the game that the Chargers were gonna whoop them. Denver's o-line is really badly banged up and while Siemian is decidedly not a good QB, they just couldn't block Bosa and Ingram off the edge at all. Chris McCain has been huge for them as a situational rusher this year, he's doing what I felt like Attaochu was gonna do. This defense still has a lot of decifiencies - their safeties aren't good and they're really missing Perriman's presence in the middle against the run - but they're still a hell of a lot of fun to watch when they get turned loose.

Okung is just solid as hell. Slauson is done for the year and that hurts, but i'm excited to see what Dan Feeney can do in the starting lineup. He's been rotated in the last two weeks and looks like he's been getting better.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blitz7x posted:

The Panthers beat the Patriots in Foxboro

The Panthers got buttblasted by the Bears

Who are the Panthers

Officially the most erratic team of the NFL over the past 30 years. There's math to prove it and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wge7JK0JV0Q

Even in their good seasons they end up being the Cardiac Cats.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I’m still pissed that Colbert didn’t listen to Joey Porter and draft Shaq Barrett

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

MRI chat: A friend of mine was in an accident and woke up in an MRI machine. He though't he was in a coffin and began banging on the sides and screaming "I'm not dead! I'm not dead, let me out!"

He was fine.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
"a friend of mine"

Also, that sounds terrible. Poor you guy.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ZOMBO

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

welcome

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://gfycat.com/GlossyNippyCrane

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

The Bills don't deserve Tyrod.

Come to Denver, Tyrod.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

GobiasIndustries posted:

The Bills don't deserve Tyrod.

Come to Denver, Tyrod.
:pray:

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Eagles Win

:toot:

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
We are now officially the best team in the NFL for the first time since 2004.

Holy loving poo poo. :stare:

axeil fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Oct 24, 2017

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

It’s good that the better team won the divisional split. It’s also good that the Eagles now have a stranglehold on the division.

Wentz looks to be everything we hoped. Agholor looks like a legit WR. Jeffery is disappointing and getting held alot without refs calling it and it doesn’t even matter. Smallwood looks more serviceable than I’d thought he’d be.

I can’t believe I’m saying this but the Peterson injury sucked rear end. Our secondary is being exposed for what it is. We need Darby now. Peters needs to get back in there at LT. If he misses significant time Wentz will be running for his life and taking even more hits. Also Clement how are you gonna be a grown rear end man playing RB in the NFL and gently caress up a handoff in that situation? Smdh

The Redskins are a good football team. Glad we got two on them.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Quiet Feet posted:

MRI chat: A friend of mine was in an accident and woke up in an MRI machine. He though't he was in a coffin and began banging on the sides and screaming "I'm not dead! I'm not dead, let me out!"

He was fine.

Sure it wasn't a CT? Acute trauma doesn't go in MRI if they aren't conscious and oriented enough to give a personal history because of the potentially lethal/permanently disfiguring injuries that can occur from contraindicated implants. Now if he was in a coma for a bit and they wanted to see if his brain had turned into slurry that'd make more sense.

Also as far as the MRI Joe Thomas had done, upper extremity MRIs are quite torturous. Without knowing specifics, he was likely laying like this for 2 hours in there.

If you don't think that doesn't eventually become excruciating, feel free to try it out yourself. The options for imaging the giants that are NFL players are limited. Of course he could have gotten it on a dedicated extremity unit, but I doubt team doctors want the poo poo images that come out of those trash cans.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 24, 2017

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Eagles look like the best team in football. Sucks about Peters though :smith:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
https://twitter.com/ESPNKemp/status/922670913031753729

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

weird Asian candy posted:

Eagles look like the best team in football. Sucks about Peters though :smith:

Yeah it might be a career for him. :smith:

Also I'm still getting really freaked out by people other than Eagles homers like myself calling us the #1 team in football. It feels like a jinx. :ohdear:

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I just realized an Andy Reid coached team could conceivably play the Eagles in the Super Bowl, which would be amazing.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

axeil posted:

It feels like a jinx. :ohdear:

Because it is

There's one week that matters, and you've gotta wait till Feb 4 to find out who it works out for

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thaddius the Large posted:

I just realized an Andy Reid coached team could conceivably play the Eagles in the Super Bowl, which would be amazing.

I'm not sure what feeling I would have if the Chiefs beat the Eagles in this scenario, but its somewhere around "unbelievably aroused"

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

Because it is

There's one week that matters, and you've gotta wait till Feb 4 to find out who it works out for

Barudak posted:

I'm not sure what feeling I would have if the Chiefs beat the Eagles in this scenario, but its somewhere around "unbelievably aroused"

If we play the Chiefs in the Super Bowl I am going to be so conflicted. I don't want to see Andy/my team cry on the sidelines :smith:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

axeil posted:

If we play the Chiefs in the Super Bowl I am going to be so conflicted. I don't want to see Andy/my team cry on the sidelines :smith:

You could solve this by timing a pizza to arrive as the clock hits zero.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

CharlestheHammer posted:

I'd say this is a good idea, but Andy Reid Clock Management makes such timing impossible to predict.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

CharlestheHammer posted:

Strobe posted:

I'd say this is a good idea, but Andy Reid Clock Management makes such timing impossible to predict.

I feel like combining these two elements would make for one hell of a weird fan fiction.

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

axeil posted:

I feel like combining these two elements would make for one hell of a weird fan fiction.

Imagine four pizzas being eaten by a walrus. The formerly first pizza becomes the second, the second becomes the third, and the fourth is also eaten by the walrus.

Andy Reid's clock management works the same way.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
That Carson Wentz sack escape was Russell Wilson-esque.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
CWBS

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

Asproigerosis posted:

Sure it wasn't a CT? Acute trauma doesn't go in MRI if they aren't conscious and oriented enough to give a personal history because of the potentially lethal/permanently disfiguring injuries that can occur from contraindicated implants. Now if he was in a coma for a bit and they wanted to see if his brain had turned into slurry that'd make more sense.

Also as far as the MRI Joe Thomas had done, upper extremity MRIs are quite torturous. Without knowing specifics, he was likely laying like this for 2 hours in there.

If you don't think that doesn't eventually become excruciating, feel free to try it out yourself. The options for imaging the giants that are NFL players are limited. Of course he could have gotten it on a dedicated extremity unit, but I doubt team doctors want the poo poo images that come out of those trash cans.

I had to do this before just for a torn ligament in my thumb. Laying like that for 45 minutes without moving loving sucks, I cant imagine 2 hours.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

axeil posted:

Yeah it might be a career for him. :smith:

Also I'm still getting really freaked out by people other than Eagles homers like myself calling us the #1 team in football. It feels like a jinx. :ohdear:

Congratulations to the Eagles for being this year's 2015 Panthers.

There, does that feel better?

yeah you guys are legit good, this is gonna be fun

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

I was away so I missed all the football this weekend. I just got finished watching the Seahawks Giants compressed game... Kind of different not having an opportunity to dwell on every play and penalty. Anyway, Doug Baldwin is a goddamn superstar, Lockett is great, the running backs are looking solid... Just a whole lot of good on offense. Jimmy Graham is really taking the Kearse role to heart though.
Defense, well they were playing the Giants.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat

Finger Prince posted:

I was away so I missed all the football this weekend. I just got finished watching the Seahawks Giants compressed game... Kind of different not having an opportunity to dwell on every play and penalty. Anyway, Doug Baldwin is a goddamn superstar, Lockett is great, the running backs are looking solid... Just a whole lot of good on offense. Jimmy Graham is really taking the Kearse role to heart though.
Defense, well they were playing the Giants.

Wasn't it amazing the offensive line wasn't a dumpster fire? I think things are finally starting to come together.

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

logger posted:

Wasn't it amazing the offensive line wasn't a dumpster fire? I think things are finally starting to come together.

Hopefully they come together before the 10am jags game. I've got a feeling Wilson might be sacked 5+

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

EmbryoSteve posted:

Hopefully they come together before the 10am jags game. I've got a feeling Wilson might be sacked 5+
That game is on an even week so the Seahawks'll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The Jags rely too much on their run game. It'll be a standard defensive slugfest until Wilson stops overthrowing receivers deep downfield and Graham remembers how to catch mid way into the third quarter. After that point they'll run away with it.

• Locked thread