Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Losing Berry is part of it but Sutton has gotta go, he has lost his drat mind this year with all the 3 man rushes, turning Justin Houston into a coverage backer, and all the man coverage. The Chiefs look kinda like the Vermeil teams of the early 2000s now where the D can’t get any stops and the offense has to shoot it out, and don’t think this offense is quite at that level although it’s certainly more fun than last year

Defensive coverage schemes are really a conundrum. You can go 90% man like the Chiefs and end up with horrible mismatches like Houston on AB in a playoff game, yet for most of the season, against the vast majority of teams it works just fine. You can have the 90% off-man zone like the Steelers where it works well against almost every team, yet gets you destroyed in the playoffs by Brady.

The only teams that really seem to have it down for modern football are the Seahawks and Broncos who run a true mix of man, press and zone coverages AND are good at all of them, and seamlessly shift in and out of all 3. The Falcons, Jags, Bills, Cards, Skins and Panthers shift between coverages with lesser degrees of success too, and I bet it's coming for the Rams too (bc Wade).

The Steelers have been such poo poo at pass defense for so long that I got really interested in coverages last season fwiw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Fenrir posted:

Tony Romo has been a commentator for seven weeks now and he is already the best one I've heard in over 30 years of watching this god drat sport. qtiyd

He's the best surprise of this season so far

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Where dem Raiders posters talking up Roethlisberger being bad

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Blarfk posted:

I am afraid I disagree. Here we go Steelers.

Here.

We.

Go.

Hey blarf did you find some tailgate and enjoy the stadium?

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Martavis Bryant is so easily trolled on social media that a relapse is inevitable. Some dudes just need their phones taken away.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I thought he was going to light the league up this year

Me too!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Get off me, son

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

hifi posted:

a gifv isn't an image or even a real file type, you have to right click it and select copy video link

https://i.imgur.com/82lauu1.mp4

Dang, works in preview and threadview for me

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

The Jags might just beat the Seahawks. Their defense is deadly

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Martavis benched for SNF, and demoted to practice squad for the week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

MrLogan posted:

How does he not have enough time accrued to be practice squad ineligible?

1.5 years worth of suspensions? He hasn't played a full season once

• Locked thread