Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

MalarkeyToboggan posted:

How the hell did Trubisky only attempt 7 passes in the entire game?

The Bears defense got 14 early points and John Fox decided to sit on the lead. And it worked this time.

Panthers Offense made a few good drives that fell apart inside the Bears 30. Two turnovers for TDs, one failed 4th down conversion, and a FG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I'm amazed at like 5 different parts of that catch, but especially how his foot stays inbounds.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Sono posted:

First downs: 5
Passing: 4/7 for 85 yds
Rushing: 26 attempts for 68 yds

:roflolmao:

70 of those passing yards came on one pass from the Bears 25 to the Panthers 5. Panthers held them to a FG.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

torgeaux posted:

But, HE KNOWS THE SYSTEM!!!
Knowing the system is great, but any QB that gets to the NFL can learn a system in a week or two.

The Panthers once called up Vinny Testaverde out of retirement because they ran out of QBs, and he was acceptable. Granted, the 2007 Panthers offense was either Run The Dang Ball or Throw To Steve Smith so it wasn't a complicated playbook,

Also that season was the first appearance of The Matt Moore ExperienceTM and I would warn the DolFans about the moments of glory before the crushing fall, but he's been there for years so they are used to it. I also wish the Dolphins the best because gently caress the Patriots.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers ran like seven plays in 2007
Hand off to Foster
Hand off to Williams
Surprise hand off to Hoover to keep the defense guessing
Throw to Smith
Throw to King for *line to gain +1 and fall down*

I got 5.

edit: after looking up the season on https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/car/2007.htm I see that Drew Carter and Keary Colbert also caught a good amount of passes.

Man, whatever happened to Drew Carter?

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 23, 2017

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

FizFashizzle posted:

tore his knee up in oakland, never recovered

:(

PS: gently caress the Patriots.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Blitz7x posted:

The Panthers beat the Patriots in Foxboro

The Panthers got buttblasted by the Bears

Who are the Panthers

Officially the most erratic team of the NFL over the past 30 years. There's math to prove it and everything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wge7JK0JV0Q

Even in their good seasons they end up being the Cardiac Cats.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Randaconda posted:

I mean, we've all snorted coke off a lady's tits at some point.

Speak for yourself, Mr I Can Walk Through A Room Without People Averting Their Eyes And Moving Away.

• Locked thread