Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable

Quiet Feet posted:

MRI chat: A friend of mine was in an accident and woke up in an MRI machine. He though't he was in a coffin and began banging on the sides and screaming "I'm not dead! I'm not dead, let me out!"

He was fine.

Sure it wasn't a CT? Acute trauma doesn't go in MRI if they aren't conscious and oriented enough to give a personal history because of the potentially lethal/permanently disfiguring injuries that can occur from contraindicated implants. Now if he was in a coma for a bit and they wanted to see if his brain had turned into slurry that'd make more sense.

Also as far as the MRI Joe Thomas had done, upper extremity MRIs are quite torturous. Without knowing specifics, he was likely laying like this for 2 hours in there.

If you don't think that doesn't eventually become excruciating, feel free to try it out yourself. The options for imaging the giants that are NFL players are limited. Of course he could have gotten it on a dedicated extremity unit, but I doubt team doctors want the poo poo images that come out of those trash cans.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Oct 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread