Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

Wild EEPROM posted:

still waiting for someone to make loss

someone has :/

don't have the gif but it's p shameful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

Anaconda Rifle posted:

my magnum opus:

nice

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
very annoyed that this lead to gold dealy takes 63 cycles somehow >:V

e: i figured out i could grab the gold slightly sooner :smugmrgw:

bobbilljim fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Oct 24, 2017

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
solve this, bithc

I think it's actually too big to put on the steam workshop. I get an upload error. I'll post back when I hear back from them and have a working link so you wusses can have a crack.

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

solve this, bithc

I think it's actually too big to put on the steam workshop. I get an upload error. I'll post back when I hear back from them and have a working link so you wusses can have a crack.

Roosevelt posted:

the autism is strong in this one

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

:asoiaf:

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

New Zealand can eat me posted:

The music is really good, too. I can't help but wonder what a more fully featured game might look like, like if you took all of the Zachtronics titles so far and combined them with some interesting platforming/end goals like Gizmos and Gadgets?

I'm pretty sure zach said in an interview somewhere that tis-100 started as an idea for a set of puzzles in a bigger game, where you went into a junk shop as part of a bigger adventure and found this old pc and had to do something or other with it

unfortunately he decided that he didnt have the resources to make that bigger game, so he made tis-100 instead. but an adventure game with zachtronics games as puzzles would be pretty sick

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
also when can i buy the soundtrack for this game

zachtronics game music is so fuckin good for programming to

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

one of my recent solutions sounded p sick by itself, i had to turn off the music for a bit. has anyone gone hard out and made music with this one yet?

also i love the dialogue in the settings menu

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Anyone figured out the options menu puzzle? I entered the four highlighted symbols from that coded message, but it did the same thing as every other combination.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

oh god there's a puzzle in there?? poo poo

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Well, I think there's a puzzle. There's buttons with the four elemental symbols and they beep angrily at you after you input a sequence of four of them.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

solve this, bithc

machine doesn't spell out "yospos bicth" in tiles, voted 1

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Fayez Butts posted:

machine doesn't spell out "yospos bicth" in tiles, voted 1

aparently someone couldn't solve the hidden algorithm to see the hidden message :rolleyes:

you just reverese voted yourself, bicth

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Roosevelt posted:

aparently someone couldn't solve the hidden algorithm to see the hidden message :rolleyes:

you just reverese voted yourself, bicth

you're right, I see it now

"YPO OSS"

(sorry fuzzy mammal)

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Fayez Butts posted:

you're right, I see it now

"YPO OSS"

(sorry fuzzy mammal)

yeah i had to take liberties to keep it within the hexagram and also get 5 point height. i tried to make the o's like on the green amber switcher icon dos style.

y p
o o
s s

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

i thought it was cool :)

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
just started, p pleased with my low cycle solution for hangover cure

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
if you wanna reduce cost two of those small pistons can be normal levers instead. probably the big main one too.

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Picked this up today, I'm pretty satisfied with this soultion

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Awesome pics. Great cost. Looks quick. Solid. Optimized. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakn’ autistic, optimized, cheap and fast you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

pram posted:

Awesome pics. Great cost. Looks quick. Solid. Optimized. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakn’ autistic, optimized, cheap and fast you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

pram posted:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

also tho p slick use of the seesaw arm

Anaconda Rifle
Mar 23, 2007

Yam Slacker
I stalled out towards the end of the third set of levels. This game sucks. All I play is the solitaire game.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Anaconda Rifle posted:

I stalled out towards the end of the third set of levels. This game sucks. All I play is the solitaire game.

Don't sign your posts with a recap of your sex life.

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
this is the first one i've done that i really felt good about (courage potion)

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Anaconda Rifle posted:

kind of agree, the solutions just get really cumbersome and the interface isn't good enough - there's a whole lot of scrolling around the tiny instruction window.

instead i started programming the solitare game in Rust

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

I spammed my twitter with my solutions and didn't see this thread until just now but yeah this game owns

opus mmagnum : modern programming :: spacechem : embedded

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
you are smart but also dense

https://twitter.com/etthq/status/923496941513728000

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

post more rodtronics

also explain your dumb avatar, i liked drunk jesus

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I like drunk jesus too but some mother fuckers around this place don't know the meanings of words and use their lame powers against me

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

what a big fat pile of poo poo. get a life, hosers

Bloody
Mar 3, 2013

its ya boy here to unload some solutions from the book o' puzzles past the end of the game, spoilers ahead

alright first up is viscous sludge, which is p boring because you gotta do it in 1 chamber thing no matter what your approach

then we've got fragrant powders, which i don't think can physically fit in a single chamber but im pretty happy w/ it anyways

then we got rat poison. pretty happy w/ how this one came out. small. cheap. slow. yeah

vapor of levity. this was p easy to do in 1 chamber. slow as heck though

abrasive particles. more of the same. might be the lowest possible cost? or probably within 5 gold of it

eye drops of revelation. a goodie. doesnt fit in 1 chamber but dang its close

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

so this is how you play, jraph, eh

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i will solve Very Dark Thread with a single piston arm if it kills me

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Did anyone mention that he invented Minecraft and implemented a multiplayer version, before Notch simplified the design and recreated it in Java?

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
dude is a brainbox

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

echinopsis posted:

dude is a brainbox

A brainbox with the directive “produce top-tier sperg apps”

I recall playing his steampunk robot game in 2009 and thinking his backlog was overloaded. loving 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
have you heard of our lord and saviour kohctpyktop

• Locked thread