Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Agronox posted:

Fun show! I haven't played an MMO in 14 years, so some of it is lost on me (are there really so many micro transactions?) but I like the characters and aspire to be an elite NEET myself someday

Everything has microtransactions in it these days. It's the bane of modern gaming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Agronox posted:

Fun show! I haven't played an MMO in 14 years, so some of it is lost on me (are there really so many micro transactions?) but I like the characters and aspire to be an elite NEET myself someday

If japanese phone games are any indication of how japanese MMOs are, the micro transactions in the anime are extremely downplayed.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Micro-transactions in Japanese Phone / Mobile Games are a goddamn plague.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Agronox posted:

Korean MMOs are why "pay to win" is a term prior the modern idea of paid DLC in games today.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

This show really gets the reliance on consumption to fill the empty void brought on by modern life.

Also everybody had better have the traditional MMO clown suit farting particle effects everywhere by the end of this. Half of them already have the latter part covered.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 30, 2017

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

chumbler posted:

This show really gets the reliance on consumption to fill the empty void brought on by modern life.

This reminded me that I forgot to get a google play card while I was out today. :negative:

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

It is really refreshing to see a character who actually figures things out for themselves for once. I was sure and also angry that they were going to drag it out forever.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I have acquired an intense dislike for MMO gameplay and I'm immune to Gacha, but I still think the show is nice and I hope pretty boy and messy lady find the love of their life (or just continued partnership) in each other and go questing for eternity.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I rewatched what's out with a friend last night and it's still really good.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit
I literally can not comprehend spending money on gacha draws I understand it is a thing that other human beings do but I have no desire to ever do so.

Also it's cheaper to buy 500ml cans than 2x 350mls.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

The last true MMO I played was Ragnarok Online on a private server, but now I play Destiny 2, which is all loot boxes all the time :negative:

I like the show and the protagonist a lot.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I like that the ED changed too :3:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Here's my surprise at the guild leader having a job that requires dealing with people:

(and that he's probably the youngest in the group)

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I wanted that episode to go on and on. I love this show.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'm glad the guy isn't a highly avoidant personality and that the show keeps going places.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

Kylra posted:

I'm glad the guy isn't a highly avoidant personality and that the show keeps going places.

I'm glad it's not gonna string us along for 10 episodes then have them finally meet on episode 10, series over.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

I have diabetes now, THANKS SHOW

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Cure it with some refreshing Sapporo TM.

Real talk though, Sapporo is a prerty good light beer.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

chumbler posted:

Cure it with some refreshing Sapporo TM.

Real talk though, Sapporo is a prerty good light beer.

Sapporo owns.

I'm not sure if I'm liking this as much as the rest of you. I'll probably stick with it. It's... fine? It might just be that I'm dont like / am not used to the conventions of Josei stuff. I don't really watch a lot of romances, but I'm making an effort to broaden things up. I felt that way when I watched my first SOL stuff so I might ease into it given a bit more time.

Still though, happy to see it going places!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
I find it hilarious that Sakurai would run out to the middle of town on the off chance Moriko was there but dares not just call her on the phone.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

I can't believe an episode of this managed to get me on the edge of my seat. :ohdear:

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Eela6 posted:

Sapporo owns.

So was the guy's co-worker just an idiot and got the days mixed up or did he do it on purpose? I think I missed something.

Anyway I liked the part where she equated the cost of her haircut to the number of loot-boxes she could've gotten instead. Sad lol.

Sephiroth_IRA fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Nov 4, 2017

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Sephiroth_IRA posted:

So was the guy's co-worker just an idiot and got the days mixed up or did he do it on purpose? I think I missed something.

Anyway I liked the part where she equated the cost of her haircut to the number of loot-boxes she could've gotten instead. Sad lol.

I thought Moriko was the one who got it mixed up since she's not used to having to do things on a schedule anymore.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Clarste posted:

I thought Moriko was the one who got it mixed up since she's not used to having to do things on a schedule anymore.

I can believe it. I'll usually wake up unsure what drat day it is on a weekend when I don't have to go in to work.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 4, 2017

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Clarste posted:

yeah that definitely makes more sense, esp since it's something she's not really excited about to begin with.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

How did he know where they were going to meet up? Tokyo is a big place.

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

They made Mori' less fluffy and got rid of the weird eyebrows. This is an outrage.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Nitrousoxide posted:

But, is it a big place? It has only one convenience store after all. :thunk:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Nitrousoxide posted:

Didn't his friend invite him to come along? He'd have to know the place.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Clarste posted:

Didn't his friend invite him to come along? He'd have to know the place.

Yeah, I think it can be safely assumed that Koiwai briefed him after he agreed to show up.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

Dzhay posted:

They made Mori' less fluffy and got rid of the weird eyebrows. This is an outrage.

I really hope the 'Recovery of an MMO Junkie' title is a relic or intended as irony, because working in an office made her extremely unhappy and proper eyebrow maintenance is for chump losers. Mori should keep wearing tracksuits and playing online video games with her cute new boyfriend.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The Japanese title is the opposite: "A Recommendation of the MMO Life"

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Is it next week yet? I want it to be next week now.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Inject this loving show directly into my veins.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Clarste posted:

The Japanese title is the opposite: "A Recommendation of the MMO Life"
yeah, i'm fine with changing titles in localization but this one just gives the entirely wrong impression of the show's direction from what I can tell.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Dunno. Given what the lifestyle is doing to our heroine I'm having trouble not reading the Japanese title as sarcastic.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The order of events goes office job that she clearly hates > mmo that she enjoys if overinserts herself into > presumably finding someone she loves and forging a happy life (probably getting a job she enjoys a bit more and can strike a better balance at, if I had to guess the ending).

if she hadn't played the mmo, it'd go office job that she clearly hates > being a NEET forever, probably. Meeting people through the MMO is the thing that causes her to make any progress at all.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

holy poo poo why isn't it next week already

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do like the OP for this show. Really sets the mood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Show good as gently caress

• Locked thread