Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I restarted to get the "increased xp on quest completion and kills" and those are NOT worth it. It's a 5% increase which is less than beginner monsters so I went back to my first Jax.

The legendary weapons kinda suck compared to the upgradeable weapons because they have an absurd stat investment requirement and they don't do any more damage. Seems like the best finds are upgradeable weapons with an element attached (the energy sword at the bottom of mausoleum right at the start of the poison is the only one I've found). I also can't imagine using level 3 weapons because those have stat requirements in the 70s and it starts costing 5 points to increase an attribute by 1 after attribute level 60.

Here's an infinite money exploit if you're a cleric: Make a bunch of small mental reserves and upgrade them up to powerful because they're bugged to be a 1:1 cost to upgrade. Once you unlock Origin and its trader he sells 30 each of the components and his stock restocks instantly after you leave the menu. They sell for 50 elexit each and you can make huge amounts of them for small cost.

I had to do that trick to make a bunch of elex drinks so I could learn suggestion to reach Legate in the Clerics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
You must be really good at exploring or I'm really bad because I've only found one of the Four House stuff. I have found like 5 old world photographs which are just pictures the devs took of themselves which is kinda funny

Also I just found a legendary sword that has a 74 dex requirement but only does 3 more damage and has a socket over the energy sword found in the mausoleum. I don't know if legendary weapons sucking for their investment is some in joke or they just didn't balance it properly

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Mehrunes posted:

They vary, the unique plasma rifle I have still the most damaging weapon I've seen while the laser rifle I found just lying around in a friendly area was outclassed immediately.

It seems like they balanced the legendary guns/bows correctly but the legendary melee weapons are still garbage for their stat investment.

I found out upgrading an enchanted weapon removes the enchantment so you have to re-enchant it. The cleric weapons get psi and stasis enchantments but I've never seen those actually do anything to enemies. I think energy is a damage over time

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 23, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I would say not to use your last bit of stamina to use a Q attack because that will leave you wide open (it's happened to me plenty of times where I died after doing it). Use your Q attack once you have a full special bar and you have at least half your stamina back. The stamina meter should fill up before the special meter drains completely.

Of course I'm at the point where I can handle 2 skull level enemies with just dodging and light attack combos so I might have forgotten the intended way to fight

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I kinda regret going Cleric now because the Outlaws have way cooler melee weapons and I haven't even touched psy abilities because I've ignored intelligence/cunning to meet the absurd stat requirements for mid/endgame gear. At the same time the cleric faction armor looks rad as hell and mowing down peasants and fantasy monsters in my space marine armor is hilarious.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
The clerics get jedi mind trick (it's Suggestion in dialog choices) and yes they get sinister once you start doing their faction specific quests and getting to know them

I kinda like that they made the 3 factions unlikeable in their own way. Better than the "do you want to go melee, ranged, or magic" factions in Risen 1 and 2 (haven't played the gothics far enough to know what their factions were like)

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Oct 23, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

steinrokkan posted:

So I've finally graduated to one of the unique weapons, specifically the one that converts all damage to electricity, and :stare: I guess enemies' armor offers no protection from energy whatsoever

Energy is just a damage over time. You probably just had a huge base damage jump from what you were using previously.

Anyone know what the constitution requirement of tier 3 faction armor is?

The Lone Badger posted:

Seriously I am like a little baby. Even people who are described as weak and useless at combat are way, way deadlier than I am.

Are you talking about Falk? He's actually really good at combat since he uses a two hander and he staggers enemies like crazy with 1 point in the companion perk

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Oct 24, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

The Lone Badger posted:

Huh.
I just tried to bribe the door guard and he rejected the bribe but decided to let me in anyway in return for unspecified future favours.

Edit: flamethrower is as OP as described. Falk still does all the actual damage, but i stunlock things.

If you haven't done quests in the Domed City yet do his favors and don't betray him. I don't know the long term repercussions but let's just say helping him helps you with some quests down the road

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
There's a level 15 and level 25 requirement to advance in the factions and quest xp doesn't scale up and I'm level 22 at the moment and even if I do every quest I find I think the game expects I'll have to grind out monsters for a bit to hit 25

VVV it's getting real slow to level up, I'm probably just overreacting because I just started picking up quests in Tavar and I still got two big story quests people in other places said got them several levels for doing

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Oct 25, 2017

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Probably no chance because it came out last week

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

SoldadoDeTone posted:

Make a bunch of small elex potions. That's my plan for when this happens to me.

I was overreacting and did those story quests which give ALOT of XP and I easily hit level 27 last night and hit tier 3 with the Clerics. Sadly there's no quests for the clerics after you hit the final rank but I finally get to wear the sweet paladin armor.

I thought chapter 2 was going to lead to the end game as well but I just hit chapter 3 instead

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I think that was always there it just didn't show a message.

I think the Cold system is annoying because I can't tell what increases or decreases it. Like some altruistic or "good" actions both increase or decrease it. I think I read on the steam forums showing ANY emotion to a response decreases cold which kinnnddaaa makes sense with Jax but is super clunky in terms of gameplay.

It also doesn't correspond to the endgame choices you can make since it seems to be split between good and evil choices rather than logical/emotional or pragmatic/idealistic. If I stretch my definitions I can see what they're going for but as a player it's annoying I'm being punished

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm locked out of a bunch of endgame dialog options because my cold is too high

• Locked thread