Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

How permanent/major is joining a faction? Are you just out a skill point if you decide to desert?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Mehrunes posted:

You get 2000xp from a faction’s leader if they officially invite you to join them, as far as I can tell that’s the only thing you lose out on.

If i join the beeserkers now can i still join the laser-priests later?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Is there any more to combat than "it's a bad idea, don't do it." ?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Seriously I am like a little baby. Even people who are described as weak and useless at combat are way, way deadlier than I am.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lakbay posted:

Are you talking about Falk? He's actually really good at combat since he uses a two hander and he staggers enemies like crazy with 1 point in the companion perk

The guy by the Converter who complains about doom. I tried to bully him and he smeared me across the pavement.

I ran away from deathclaws until i got to the church city, and they sold me a flamethrower no-questions-asked. Soon this world shall pay.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Huh.
I just tried to bribe the door guard and he rejected the bribe but decided to let me in anyway in return for unspecified future favours.

Edit: flamethrower is as OP as described. Falk still does all the actual damage, but i stunlock things.

The Lone Badger fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Oct 25, 2017

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Elex is delicious. I'm taking medium doses because stat points are what I'm short on.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Lakbay posted:

If you haven't done quests in the Domed City yet do his favors and don't betray him. I don't know the long term repercussions but let's just say helping him helps you with some quests down the road

Will it hamper my ability to join / progress in the Clerics?

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

There's an armor seller in Goliet, he also does weapons.
But the cultivator bow and rusty hatchet aren't really 'weapons' anyway. You're better off avoiding enemies until you're significantly higher level.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Dear god armour is expensive. I'm beginning to think the 'Clerics' are just a MLM organisation for 1000%-mark-up official robes.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Meatwolfe posted:

It stopped for me after the second time she takes me to a world heart. Maybe the quest is tied to her approval or something.

She only took me to a World Heart once, and now claims to be finished (after visiting the Crater).

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Meatwolfe posted:

I'm guessing the crater is the big circle on the right hand side of the map?

There's a teleporter called "the Crater" in Iguanadon. She goes to Xacor first though.

Are there any energy weapons with a higher base damage than the Redeemer? It's hard to see what something will be once fully upgraded.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

MiddleOne posted:

I'm now lvl 23, I've dialed the difficulty all the way down to easy, I have no quests left and yet the last stage of Nasty's requirement quest is all but impossible. :wtc:

I ran out of ammo in that once and had to start cycling through other weapons.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Because of the way the damage system works, you do no damage at all then you get an upgrade and suddenly you're shredding them. Every point counts, and make sure you take the Mutant Slayer talent.

The good thing about Patrons is that if you have Animal Trophies 3 then you get 6 lumps of elex from each one.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Meatwolfe posted:

I can't find anyone that sells flamer ammunition anymore

That was supposed to have been fixed by the patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Regent armor looks pretty cool.

• Locked thread