Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Liked Gothic 1, loved Gothic 2, Gothic 3 killed my computer.

Risen was... at best ok, far as I recall.

This though I'm loving almost as much as Gothic 2. Somehow choices matter more here than in Mass Effect Andromeda which is kinda impressive. However, having a hell of a time trying to find the hidden notes that lead to Calaan, the "four houses" notes . I've gotten like 5-6 out of 9 but I really hope there will be a map or something in the coming days to show where to find them all since the pictures you get can be pretty obscure.

Edit: Far as I know it may be permanent, but I don't think you lose the skillpoint for managing to piss them off. But you can't get any more skills from them either.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Oct 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Still looking for Four Houses number 5 and 6. It is getting really annoying not being able to find those.

Edit: vvv I tried that, but either I missed a step or it is gated behind joining a faction by necessity. Which is too bad, since I had fairly good armor and weaponry already.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 19:49 on Oct 22, 2017

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Agnostalgia posted:

i got the achievement for playing eighty hours before the opening cutscene ended.

Haha yeah I got mine after like, 10-15 hours tops.

Also, found the 6th part of the Four Houses quest, only 5th left now, no idea where to go for that.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Right, got all the "houses" notes done. Now to figure out what the heck code I'm trying to figure out here.

Edit: Well, that's about what I expected. Too bad you didn't get to meet any kind of AI or something, as I figured that was what Calaan was. . Also so far I haven't been able to tell anyone about it yet. I sure hope I can in some way!

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Oct 22, 2017

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Well, just beat the game. I didn't realize the loading screens were actually a preview of the ending scenes once you do all the epilogue stuff . Also a bit sad the only person I seem to be able to tell about the secret of Calaan is the top Cleric, who just says "Yeah of course he's fake, I figured that out too. But people need to believe the lie dude or they might become, uuuh, Berserkers? Or Albs? Except poo poo, the Albs are Clerics who figured out we were full of poo poo and we exiled them. My bad!" (I added everything after the first sentence here).

End boss was a bit meh, but I'm still a bit uncertain as to how Wardek managed to set us up to die. How did he break the control of the Hybrid to do that? Or wasn't it control and more like, very rigid orders? .

Overall I liked the game a lot, which has been a thing I've missed in PB games for like, 3-4 titles. As mentioned it is janky as all hell at times and could probably stand a lot of re-tuning in some areas but I enjoyed it a bundle. Especially the bits where you can break the game in so many lovely ways, including figuring out that putting on sunglasses removes the need for two spells/items entirely, pulling monsters into encounters with camps means you don't have to worry about consequences for murdering the campers but can still complete the quests to murder them, etc.

• Locked thread