Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
whoever im playing as has the emotional capacity of a doorknob. I feel like strider and the other ex-Monolith soldiers after having their brain scrambled (little s.t.a.l.k.e.r reference for ya)

This game totally reminds me of KOTOR I and II for a variety of reasons, including the clunky movement and combat. That and the main menu drives home the idea that this game was made as a PS3 launch title in 2006 but wasnt released until now. But its still interesting, time will tell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
The previous poster who complained about repeatedly running into mobs that outclass you was pretty accurate. 5 hours in and i'm still getting murdered by everything and anything besides the newbie village mutant rats.

I'm doing quests for leveling, but straight up mob-hunting for fun is kinda impossible right now. I'm still goofing off with a cultivator bow and axe with spikes. I'm not really sure how to make myself less fragile.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
So you can join tree-hugger medieval LARPers and not piss off outlaws and clerics? I've been drawing mental comparisons to Fallout NV so i'm trying to avoid being considered kill-on-sight by any large group when im this weak.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uOPjPDOSZQ
this happened today

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

MiddleOne posted:

Extremely disgusted with you opting for a helmet instead of shades.

my dude if I could find a shotgun or even shades for that matter id be set. I feel like I missed something vital in the first portion of the game.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
13 hours in and combat still is heavily stacked against me. I'm making some progress, but its pretty glacial and everything seems to kill me right off the bat. I upgraded my weapon so it could actually be useful, but then the skill requirements for it shot up and now im empty handed. Maybe Ill set this down and try Risen.

e: expanding on this, I know there's guides out there and specific actions to take so I can be less fragile, but its silly having to research the (very few) guides out there instead of playing the game organically.

buglord fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jan 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
just WHAT WILL HAPPEN if we start to rely on technology?!

• Locked thread