Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Where do I find a weapon-trader? I accidentally sold off my rusty hatchet to a trader while on a quest on the other side of the map and now all I have is a bow and no arrows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Does he...? I could swear he didn't but I guess I'm going to have to double-check. I've been avoiding combat for the most part (since you get like no experience anyway) but having a weapon still feels nice even if it might be more cosmetic than anything. :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Where can you find charisma trainers?

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Man everyone in the Domed (:lol:) City are doing their best at convincing me that they're all deserving of an early death.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Positives:
Legitimately an engrossing open-world RPG which is so rare these days
Negatives:
The combat, oh god the combat

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Really starting to get bummed out with the game around lvl 22. There's almost no quests left and the ones I do have I'm still somehow underleveled for. I've had to drag the combat difficulty down from difficult to easy just to be able to actually complete the quests I do have and even then a lot of them are borderline impossible.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

All of them, I even double-checked online to be sure.

EDIT: The only quest-hub I haven't been to is Berserker Island.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I'm now lvl 23, I've dialed the difficulty all the way down to easy, I have no quests left and yet the last stage of Nasty's requirement quest is all but impossible. :wtc:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh my god and then the games figuratively drowns you in tens of thousands of XP as part of the converter assault quest. What in the actual gently caress, did no one playtest this game? :psyduck:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The quest that gates you to the Converter assault quest has an enemy which requires a higher level to beat than anything in the actual Converter assault quest (gently caress it, almost everything outside of Xacor). The converter assault gates a shitload of act 3 quests and I literally ran out of content in trying to become strong enough to actually beat Nasty's recruitment quest. Why was I stuck grinding out monsters for levels 23-25 when the first thing happening after you beat the drat thing is that the game immediately rockets you into lvl 28? It's really dumb. :psyduck:

Like this is an issue that could be resolved in 2 seconds by slightly de-powering the Colossus. But for some reason the developers didn't.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Finished the game, kinda surprised to see post-game victory tour. I can't even remember the last time I saw that in a game.

grate deceiver posted:

You can just talk to the separatist leader like right at the start of the game to get the shutdown codes.

The Ignadon converter does not work like the other converters in the game.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Animal trophies even at its first level breaks the game so hard I'm surprised someone didn't put it in the thread title.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

The game's armor system ends up being super-boring for a number of reasons:

1. Armor values are mostly meaningless
2. You're just going to use faction armor anyway as soon as you get it
3. Therefore armor is virtually nothing but a money sink
4. It's not like you're going to use any of the helmets after you find your first pair of sun-glasses

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

steinrokkan posted:

Armor values are anything but meaningless, though?

Yes, you do get the choice between being wet tissue-paper and dry tissue-paper. Hugely important gameplay decision.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

spaceships posted:

the best thing you can do in this game is get out of edan

Edan rules, it's all downhill after it.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

I tried Risen after playing through Elex and about 30 minutes in I quit because of what an unpolished mess it is.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Was starting with risen 3 the wrong call? :v:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

This game has a metric ton of problems but what makes it stand out is that it's actually interesting, in spite of all its faults.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Extremely disgusted with you opting for a helmet instead of shades.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Alchenar posted:

Game is now 50% off at gog.com. Anyone still playing and willing to comment on if patches have made things better?

Game was great for what it is at launch so I don't know what you'd need those patches for.

• Locked thread