Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

I'm seriously starting to wonder if investing so heavily into intelligence early on to try and snag that extra attribute point per level skill was worth it. It'll take forever to pay off and Outlaws don't seem to have much use for Int. Kinda considering going for Clerics just so there's some use to this giant pile of Int I ended up investing in.

On that note, for anyone who wants to get some more of that sweet sweet exp, there's a pretty quickly accessible amulet that grants the bonus exp from quests skill that normally takes 50 int to get. It's in the northern World Seed camp, the one close to the Domed City, in that little room that you get cutscene pushed out of if you attempt to go in the front, but you can pretty trivially sneak in through the side and nab it.

Also on that note, for some nice easy EXP early on just do the first part of the main quest. You'll have to avoid some dangerous enemies on the way and there's a tricky fight against two Albs before you get in the tower place, but inside is really easy, has a lot of good loot, and a companion at the top if you don't wanna use Duras for whatever reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

the black husserl posted:

Does the game still have tons of weird items to pick up everywhere, settlements and camps that actually feel like real places, and hard-won progress? Those were my favorite parts of Gothic 2 and Risen.

Yes to all three questions, including really powerful items laying around in the world. The discovery of these is a bit dampened by the fact that everything has insanely high stat requirements though.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

sicDaniel posted:

Ohhh yeah I finally leveled up enough (and crafted a dozen of elex potions) to wear that Energy Sword I found in a ruin. 53 str, 43 dex, I think. It melts through enemies.

If you want that sword: The priest at the Mana shrine in Goliet gives you a quest to find an Elex thief. You'll find him (and his mutant brother) in a building nearby, there you can go down the stairs into a poisonous basement. You'll take some damage but the sword is right there at the bottom of the stairs.

About that basement there is also one of those ultra-rare plants that, if this game follows typical PB rules, will eventually be used for permanent stat buff potions.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

So, uh, I think I messed up Dome City as a whole. I guess I was supposed to heavily favor one side or another? Because I got a pretty... Suboptimal resolution to the area, to say the least.

By the way, do Outlaws get anything equivalent to the spells the other two factions get? I went Berserkers and got to choose between 3 varieties of rad skull magic fists, and I know Clerics get some ridiculous poo poo like that black hole spell, but I don't know what, if anything, Outlaws get in exchange.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 23, 2017

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

GreyjoyBastard posted:

You can check out their tree!

They get drugs. :geno: The best one looks to be "deal double goddamn damage for a while", so, you know, pretty good. Not interesting, but good.

No, I mean, the spells that you get as Berserker/Cleric aren't on the tree itself, which is why I'm asking if Outlaws get something equivalent. Like there isn't a 'Sick-rear end fire skull magic' on the berserker skill tree, it's just something you get once you join their faction and learn magic. The spells on the tree itself are mostly buffs and the like.

Edit: I looked it up, and the answer is they get absolutely nothing comparable. Man, the Outlaws really kinda suck as a faction.

Infinity Gaia fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Oct 23, 2017

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The quest one adds up nicely since you can get some BIG chunks of exp from quests which makes 5% worth more. But I ended up with more skill points than I really needed due to mainlining Elex potions anyways so...

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

IBentMyWookie posted:

The only problem with the game so far is the fact that weapon requirements are too drat high. Being level 12 and only being able to equip a hatchet sucks.

It's super weird because there ARE relatively low requirement weapons out there but they're super hard to find, and at some point around the early 30's in stats you start suddenly being able to equip loving everything, and get a new weapon every level if you invest your points right. They probably should've evened out the distribution a bit more...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

MiddleOne posted:

I'm now lvl 23, I've dialed the difficulty all the way down to easy, I have no quests left and yet the last stage of Nasty's requirement quest is all but impossible. :wtc:

Are you using grenades? Grenades are the solution to any sort of difficulty in this game, imho. They're just incredibly powerful. I always buy a full stack of them whenever I walk by a merchant, and they've never let me down.

• Locked thread