Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

infuriated by investments
This one feels a lot more like a PB game to me than Risen 2 & 3 ever did, so I'm fairly happy with it in the first few hours so far. I keep forgetting that I have a jetpack though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

I notice on the official forums they're already starting to come out with .ini file tweaks in the time-tested tradition of Piranha Bytes' games.

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Lakbay posted:

I kinda like that they made the 3 factions unlikeable in their own way. Better than the "do you want to go melee, ranged, or magic" factions in Risen 1 and 2 (haven't played the gothics far enough to know what their factions were like)

Gothic 1 was "Do you want to use magic, weapons, or smoke WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED."

Merrill Grinch
May 21, 2001

Random thoughts:

Plot-wise, the sequel hook seems kind of interesting. Possibly more interesting than the setup of this game.

Also I have no idea what happened in the Domed City at the end because as I approached the "final door", I got a quest to go see something in the Domed City. And then when I entered the room, the quest auto-failed immediately. Going over there in the post-credits showed that something really bad had happened but not why or how. Weird quest triggers.

Finally, if you didn't find it, every converter has a secret loot stash with elex potions and other good stuff if you're willing to use your jetpack a little at the very top.

• Locked thread