Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

texas lost, butch jones still has a job somehow, LSU won, Penn State ruined another group of young mens' weekend, the meteor missed south bend, and iowa state maybe not bad????

KKKLIP ART fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
I didn't travel to State College, so I didn't let Penn State ruin my weekend

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I can't believe I'm living in a world where the Iowa State Cyclones are a good football team

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa state ranked 19 next week tyvm

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

https://twitter.com/geburgess/status/921928238376636422

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
still a quarter left to go

Will Grier has more passing touchdowns in this game than I think Florida has all year

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Football hasn't been stupid for three weeks now. It kind of owns even though TCU is going to beat ISU by half a hundred next week.

https://twitter.com/ESPNCFB/status/921822645171212289

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Oregon went to two different national title games in the past 10 years. That will remain the top of Oregon's achievements.

We are now back to being trash.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
And I'm kind of annoyed that most ranked games this week went to chalk so ISU won't be able to be ranked for a week because there aren't any spots for the taking.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Proud Christian Mom posted:

still a quarter left to go

Will Grier has more passing touchdowns in this game than I think Florida has all year

A) This is true
B) Can we have a bye week without being tortured? tia

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
I’m mad because gently caress Penn State but on the other hand nothing makes me happier then the savior of football Jim Harbaugh continuing to have never won anything meaningful.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

Rad Valtar posted:

I’m mad because gently caress Penn State but on the other hand nothing makes me happier then the savior of football Jim Harbaugh continuing to have never won anything meaningful.

My dream matchup is Michigan and South Carolina only Harbaugh and Muschamp yell at each other for 60 minutes like it a duel of Dragonborns.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Proud Christian Mom posted:

My dream matchup is Michigan and South Carolina only Harbaugh and Muschamp yell at each other for 60 minutes like it a duel of Dragonborns.

Who will win in the battle of autism vs. pure rage?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
James Franklin is a chump for not taking an end zone shot at the end

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the Mighty Northwestern Wildcat and Feeble, Wounded Iowa Hawkeye decided to murder football this afternoon, but the Wildcat is now two (2) wins from Bowl Contention.

Justin Jackson owns so much, here is him basically winning the game.

Also, the Coward Pat Fitzgerald, with 90 seconds and two timeouts, ran out the clock to go to overtime and even though it worked out, that's some shameful poo poo and I've never been prouder of the eight northwestern fans in the stands for booing the poo poo out of that.

e: BONUS CONTENT

even the northwestern guy can't believe the Iowa receiver dropped that pass to lose the game and is baffled and infuriated

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

R.D. Mangles posted:

the Mighty Northwestern Wildcat and Feeble, Wounded Iowa Hawkeye decided to murder football this afternoon, but the Wildcat is now two (2) wins from Bowl Contention.

Justin Jackson owns so much, here is him basically winning the game.

Also, the Coward Pat Fitzgerald, with 90 seconds and two timeouts, ran out the clock to go to overtime and even though it worked out, that's some shameful poo poo and I've never been prouder of the eight northwestern fans in the stands for booing the poo poo out of that.

I felt more sadness watching all of the Big Ten’s terrible games today than I did watching that video of Dan Nainan bombing.

Also
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/921926933864173568

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

https://twitter.com/barstooltweetss/status/921836091816271875

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
hello I watched the Boston College game today for absolutely no reason other than it happened to be on the channel my cable box was on when I pushed the power button and then I saw this

https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSouth/status/921783588290363394
https://twitter.com/FOXSportsSouth/status/921785665116815362

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

I felt more sadness watching all of the Big Ten’s terrible games today than I did watching that video of Dan Nainan bombing.

Also
https://twitter.com/celebrityhottub/status/921926933864173568

This is terrifying

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
Harbaugh decided to focus on being super weird instead of super good. Whatever was going on at Stanford doesn't seem to be happening in Ann Arbor.

Also, Penn State's schedule is going through a rough patch, drat.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
Seriously, though. gently caress this gay earth.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
N: With my alma mater on national television, I checked the score maybe twice while playing Mysterium and Betrayal at House on the Hill with some friends.
V: Good decision; next time less score-checking.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

Georgia Southern, winless, got shithoused by UMass, who was winless coming into the game.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

Probably Magic posted:

N: With my alma mater on national television, I checked the score maybe twice while playing Mysterium and Betrayal at House on the Hill with some friends.
V: Good decision; next time less score-checking.

Talk about opposite ends of the gaming spectrum.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
VT beat UNC 59-7 today.

Of note:

- Punt return TD
- Punt Block
- Pick 6
- Fumble 6 (FAT GUY TOUCHDOWN)
- VT had only 380 yards of offense
- 6 sacks and umpteen TFL
- Fuente went for it on 4th TWICE in the 4th quarter up by 50+ points because he doesn't care
- The backups for VT went in with eight minutes left in the 3rd

UNC is super terrible but VT made them absolutely quit and it was goddamn glorious.

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
my mountaineers a failed two point conversion off from giving rape coverup university their first win. In entirely unrelated news, penn state deserves all of their success and is such a strong community to bounce back from such a vile predator that nobody could have stopped at any point in his decades long reign of terror.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Asproigerosis posted:

my mountaineers a failed two point conversion off from giving rape coverup university their first win.

West Virginia didn't play Penn State though

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

kayakyakr posted:

Seriously, though. gently caress this gay earth.

On the other hand...

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

Thoguh, we can be storm buddies this year.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Dilber posted:

Thoguh, we can be storm buddies this year.

I'm down.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Iowa State is 5-2 with a win over Oklahoma so I"m pretty much down for whatever anybody suggests.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

LLCoolJD posted:

Harbaugh decided to focus on being super weird instead of super good. Whatever was going on at Stanford doesn't seem to be happening in Ann Arbor.

Also, Penn State's schedule is going through a rough patch, drat.

I always suspected losing a super bowl to his less renowned brother broke something in him psychologically

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
we survived, gently caress baylor

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

Iowa State is 5-2 with a win over Oklahoma so I"m pretty much down for whatever anybody suggests.

:waggles eyebrows:

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

I paid money to watch TCU-Kansas in person lol.

Cyclones, I'm so happy to see y'all doing so well! You're a group that really deserves some success, and I hope Campbell is around long enough for it to really start paying off. See you Saturday. :)

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

A UCF player was injured when he was tackled into the feed bucket of Navy's goat.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

He knew what he was getting in to.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

drat, even navy's mascot plays dirty

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Hokies Canes gonna be a top 10 matchup night game I'm thinkin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Holy poo poo. Southern Miss looked like dog doo, playing down by 11, a minute or so left. Kicks a drat field goal to try an onside, GETS IT, TDs then 2pts to send OT. Throws as INT in OT and somehow sacks up to stone tech and TD for the win in 2OT.

I had turned it off when Southern Miss fumbled and tech scored with 4 minutes left wtf

• Locked thread