Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Thoguh posted:

ISU opens conference play with Oklahoma, TCU, and Oklahoma State. Gonna be a rough September

You flew too close to the sun by getting yourselves ranked. The Enemies of Iowa State Athletics are powerful, and they are many.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

LeeMajors posted:

Wasn't that Dallas Baker? Man I was loving furious over that call.

E: Yep, found it. gently caress the ref is staring at them the whole time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3B4vuKYx74

Ah yes, a great entry in the long series of Penn Wagers Komedy Klassics.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
UGA bros you’ll be happy to know I ate a bunch of gator for lunch

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Penn Wagers was such a huge piece of poo poo

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Notorious ZSB posted:

That's the rule and the philosophy. A spike must be completed with at least 3 second remaining on the clock or the clock operator is directed to run the clock down. Basically you need at least 3 to ensure that we can have 1 or 2 on the clock left for 1 more play. Under 3 seconds it's just not enough time to split hairs about between taking the snap, it hitting the ground and the officials signaling.

FR48 Rule 3-2-5 & AR 3-2-5-1 (In the AR even at 3 seconds there is no guarantee of time remaining and it must be done in a timely manner).

Coaches should/need to know this and if you get a clock stoppage at 2 seconds you just gotta have a play aka gently caress it go deep or a timeout remaining.

My post was completely tongue-in-cheek about how there should have been some home cooking from the clock operator, but this is awesome information. Sparked an interesting conversation too. :golfclap:

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

vyst posted:

Something we can all agree on

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

D.N. Nation posted:

Since the beginning of the Richt Era, UGA kickers have been terrible at the WLOCP, so sweet vid, guys

I remember the 2008 game, our first effort at scoring was a field goal attempt that slammed directly into the upright, causing it to ring like a bell.

After that, the deluge.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

HannibalBarca posted:

I remember the 2008 game, our first effort at scoring was a field goal attempt that slammed directly into the upright, causing it to ring like a bell.

After that, the deluge.

On the amusing other side of this coin, Blair Walsh was so bad in WLOCP '11 that Richt said screw it, I'm having Aaron Murray lob bombs on 4th down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20GL9jxdJNg&t=4440s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx2xA4_H4Z8&t=1170s

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

vyst posted:

drat straight.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

LLCoolJD posted:

Yeah, what a corrupt piece of poo poo. Speaking of pieces of poo poo, the Gators offense takes the field against Georgia in about 24 hours.

10/10 segue

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/LGhail/status/923367125774987264

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

All you need is an orange peel and a UF windbreaker

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Both of tonights games turning into blowouts fast

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

looking forward to seeing some old friends get together again

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Vegas odds on Gruden being UT Coach just dropped down to +250 and are the best odds of the rest of the list, Chip Kelly being next at +400.

There’s also a pretty prominent poster on UT forums who has been dead on pretty frequently with “insider info” saying the deal is done.

This is going to happen, isn’t it :(

Dilber
Mar 27, 2007

TFLC
(Trophy Feline Lifting Crew)

I can't believe you are going to steal him from 2011 Miami. Done deal.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Idk if you missed it or not but it’s not something I want to happen or even think is remotely a good idea.

It’s also one of those “I’ll believe it when I see it things” because he’s been linked to every head coaching job since...forever, but it seems more real this time. I guess because I don’t want it to happen so of course that means it will.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

It is going to be great if they pay him like $7 million a year and he does worse than Butch

e: if only because the college coaching bubble is loving stupid right now

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
The coach salary bubble is gonna pop after the current round of TV contracts expires and I'll be pretty interested to see what's going to happen.

Pakled fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Oct 28, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Tulsa-smu is pretty good, 35-34 in the 4th

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/_DCReeves/status/924110370578616320

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Pakled posted:

The coach salary bubble is gonna pop after the current round of TV contracts expires and I'll be pretty interested to see what's going to happen.

I don't know, live content is like the one thing that keeps a lot of people from cutting cords, so there will probably be some intense bidding between networks for games.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

swickles posted:

I don't know, live content is like the one thing that keeps a lot of people from cutting cords, so there will probably be some intense bidding between networks for games.

Yeah, but can ESPN still demand the same kind of carriage fee that allowed for these massive contracts with all the cord cutting going on?

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

A Tulsa player did half a high step while running in for a touchdown. He was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and the TD was taken away

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/tulsa-td-taken-off-board-after-premature-celebration-1819931426

Tulsa lost by 4 (the TD + XP would've tied it, but they had to settle for a FG after that debacle)

shyduck fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 28, 2017

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Meanwhile the nfl finally relaxed the td celebration limits and they own

Old crackers ruin everything

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

shyduck posted:

A Tulsa player did half a high step while running in for a touchdown. He was flagged for unsportsmanlike conduct and the TD was taken away

https://screengrabber.deadspin.com/tulsa-td-taken-off-board-after-premature-celebration-1819931426

Tulsa lost by 4 (the TD + XP would've tied it, but they had to settle for a FG after that debacle)

For gently caress's sake

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

R.D. Mangles posted:

looking forward to seeing some old friends get together again

Unsubscribe.

single-mode fiber
Dec 30, 2012

For a second I confused Tulsa with Tulane and was taken aback how they recovered from such a huge deficit

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

ive developed a priapism

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

an adult beverage posted:

ive developed a priapism

Stop being mean

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Vegas odds on Gruden being UT Coach just dropped down to +250 and are the best odds of the rest of the list, Chip Kelly being next at +400.

There’s also a pretty prominent poster on UT forums who has been dead on pretty frequently with “insider info” saying the deal is done.

Let's ignore the several times Gruden himself has said he doesn't want to go to the college game. Ignoring that, he has been out of coaching entirely for a decade. Why the hell would Tennessee (or anyone) want him?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DJExile posted:

Let's ignore the several times Gruden himself has said he doesn't want to go to the college game. Ignoring that, he has been out of coaching entirely for a decade. Why the hell would Tennessee (or anyone) want him?

We (or I) don’t, and have made the same points, but he’s a high profile name I guess so people get all crazy about that.

If you’re the AD, etc and you know Gruden is a highly sought after guy who has been mentioned in every coaching search in the past decade and you’re the one to land him, that’s a win I guess.

I don’t really get it either but that’s how I’m rationalizing it. Being a Buc fan I saw how he worked with the young guys and developed young talent (he didn’t) and I don’t want to go through that again.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

swickles posted:

My guess is that contracts won't drop a bunch in value, they just aren't going to grow by huge amounts with every negotiation anymore.

Who knows though. Eventually a cable carrier is going to tell Disney to gently caress off with all their bundling and putting stuff on basic tiers and if they are able to do that without a big loss of subscribers that'll totally change the game.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

got any sevens posted:

Meanwhile the nfl finally relaxed the td celebration limits and they own

I do not understand why every old white person who I've talked to about football hates touchdown celebrations so much. Or any kind of celebrations. I watched a couple NFL games with my dad a few weeks ago and I swear, after every other play he'd go "act like you've been there before!" and every time someone had an elaborate touchdown celebration he'd stew about it for the whole commercial break.

He also thinks players' names shouldn't be on the back of jerseys because it should be about the TEAM not the individual.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

got any sevens posted:

Pakled posted:

I do not understand why every old white person...

What are your thoughts on other races? :allears:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

LLCoolJD posted:

As a white dude, I say he's right though. I've never seen anyone other than white people bitch about TD celebrations, taunting after dunking, etc.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

I’ve always said that excessive celebration should be a penalty against the other team for getting dunked on so hard

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.

LLCoolJD posted:

you know it is old white dudes who are mad at the athletic young black men

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
White people really are horrible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend