Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Well that was a bummer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Thoguh posted:

He knew what he was getting in to.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Football is bad again

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I slept through the Texas/OSU game and missed all of it.

I knew Texas was going to lose, but I'm surprised they only lost by 3 points.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Baylor still has Texas, Texas Tech, and Kansas on their remaining schedule. I'm worried that they may come away with a win sometime this season :(

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Iowa's offense sucks right now and it's hard to imagine it getting better. Oline just isn't very good right now aside from Welsh and the passing game just isn't totally clicking yet with a ton of drops of overthrows of open guy. There are way too many freshmen and sophomores getting their first real playing time. I feel bad for Wadley. I think we can still get to 7-5 though, which is kinda what everyone expected before the season, and hopefully all the young guys getting PT this year pays dividends in the next couple seasons. We've got a true sophomore first year starter at QB, two freshmen tackles, a bunch of freshman or sophomore receivers and TEs, and a really young defense outside of the linebackers (which thankfully we tend to do a good job replacing, although obviously no one next year will be at Josey's level). All of them have shown flashes of eventually being really good. It's just a matter of being more consistent drive to drive, especially on the offensive end. It's frustrating to watch right now but there's more young talent on the team than we've had in a really long time. The future could still be pretty bright.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
That Mount Union QB I posted about last week uh, had a game.

14 for 14
268 yards
6 TD

He has 29 TDs and 0 picks this year in 7 games and I doubt he has 10 total second half minutes this season :wtc:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Crotch Bat posted:

That Mount Union QB I posted about last week uh, had a game.

14 for 14
268 yards
6 TD

He has 29 TDs and 0 picks this year in 7 games and I doubt he has 10 total second half minutes this season :wtc:

like i said in the GDT, D3 barely counts as football

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
FIRE MARK D'ONOFRIO

congratulations to Texas A&M on successfully beating "bye" this week

part of me hopes Baylor goes 0-12, part of me hopes they can win in Austin next week

go Astros

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Alaois posted:

like i said in the GDT, D3 barely counts as football

Absolutely true but I really like seeing people push stats to weird places. It's just novelty, like real life NCAA games with the sliders all turned down to 0 for the computer and yours all at 99.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

curried lamb of God posted:

congratulations to Texas A&M on successfully beating "bye" this week

Never say that before pursuing the arrest report on Sunday morning.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Thoguh posted:

And I'm kind of annoyed that most ranked games this week went to chalk so ISU won't be able to be ranked for a week because there aren't any spots for the taking.

it's entirely possible that Michigan will drop out and ISU will jump A&M to make it in at 25 in the AP poll since SDSU is making GBS threads the bed against Fresno.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Baylor played WVU close? poo poo we'll probably lose to them.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
UNLV football lost and sucks and it looks like HC Tony Sanchez is gonna use the "fire OC/DC to buy more time" maneuver

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
Mizzou managed to find the one team in FBS worse than them and beat them by 47 points. Clearly, this is proof that Barry Odom needs a third year.

I am going to wake up tomorrow morning and see people suggesting this, but unironically. :smith:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Michigan State-Indiana felt like it lasted 1000 years and getting to the endzone was a Sisyphean task for both teams (Mike DeBord certainly has something to do with that on Indiana's side). We needed some major extra effort plays from Hunter Rison to even have an opportunity to win. It was really a 10-9 game, with the 17-9 final only happening because IU let LJ Scott score so they could get the ball back. I think the line was MSU -7.5 which makes that extra funny.

Afterbirth Aftermath
Aug 29, 2002

a neat cape posted:

Football is bad again

Indeed. Unfortunately, the O-Line plays about exactly as well as 3 FR and 2 SO at a G5 school would be expected to.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal
I’m gonna need the Big 12 teams remaining on Baylor’s schedule to hold strong and not give Baylor a win.

Edit: I’m looking directly at you, Texas.

Dirk Pitt fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Oct 22, 2017

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

PostNouveau posted:

Baylor played WVU close? poo poo we'll probably lose to them.

It was 38-13 at the start of the 4th and WVU just forgot the game wasn't over, I wouldn't read much into that other than kids coasting when they shouldn't. There were probably some 2s in there for some of those points given up but don't quote me on that.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Crotch Bat posted:

It was 38-13 at the start of the 4th and WVU just forgot the game wasn't over, I wouldn't read much into that other than kids coasting when they shouldn't. There were probably some 2s in there for some of those points given up but don't quote me on that.

It's almost like what happened to Tech vs WVU last week.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Yea, but one is hapless Baylor and the other is a top 25 team.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Dirk Pitt posted:

I’m gonna need the Big 12 teams remaining on Baylor’s schedule to hold strong and not give Baylor a win.

Edit: I’m looking directly at you, Texas.

Texas has been playing teams tough. It'll take Ehlinger getting injured for that to happen.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Afterbirth Aftermath posted:

Indeed. Unfortunately, the O-Line plays about exactly as well as 3 FR and 2 SO at a G5 school would be expected to.

Yep. It was a matter of time before that bit us in the rear end and Fresno just did the exact same thing Boise did last week.

What a waste of those two wins against Pac 12 teams.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
PSU rules

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Would have been really, really cool to get a fifth win tonight but Arizona played strong defense when they needed to. I'm tired of losing to them by fingertips, but glad that we rolled the dice for the conversion.

I'm almost positive we can pick off Oregon State in a couple weeks, so it'd be really cool if we could surprise Colorado next weekend or even UCLA at the end of the year.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Cup of Hemlock posted:

Would have been really, really cool to get a fifth win tonight but Arizona played strong defense when they needed to. I'm tired of losing to them by fingertips, but glad that we rolled the dice for the conversion.

I'm almost positive we can pick off Oregon State in a couple weeks, so it'd be really cool if we could surprise Colorado next weekend or even UCLA at the end of the year.

I don't think you're gonna need to worry about 'surprising' Colorado, they played like garbage against WSU

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Our worst fears have been realized: ND is good.

They absolutely wrecked USC, who seems like they should probably be 4-4 not 6-2, and that is probably the best win they have but they've still got NCSU, Miami, and Stanford so they'll have a good list if they go 11-1 and the only loss being to a really good UGA team by 1 point.

I wouldn't be surprised if they snuck into the CFP at 11-1. They do still have a tough schedule to win out but they look good this year so prepare yourselves for some potential bullshit if they're 11-1 in a month (also prepare for Saban beating them by a billion again).

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Crotch Bat posted:

Basically. Also Baylor literally got away with like 19 blatant holds in the 4th

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Nice, FAU

nice

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Cal and Arizona games are too loving weird so I'm glad that's over with. Arizona now controls their own destiny in the Pac-12 South, which, is pretty funny. I don't care about that, though, I just want to get bowl eligible and have a competitive game with ASU and this was a good season then in my book.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Notre Dame has a legit half of an offensive line. I realize USC doesn't believe in run defense or something but drat fat men rule.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Oh hey, that’s the number of touchdowns we’ve scored in the past three games!

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

I can't get over the fact that Will Grier threw more touchdowns yesterday than UF has all year. It's....I don't even know anymore.

4 passing TDs in 6 games.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Butch Jones still has a job lmao what the gently caress are they waiting on

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

LeeMajors posted:

I can't get over the fact that Will Grier threw more touchdowns yesterday than UF has all year. It's....I don't even know anymore.

4 passing TDs in 6 games.

We're good at making terrible decisions when it comes to QB's

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

For the GoFundMe to pay for his buyout to get funded.

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Arguing about who gets the interim job during Sunday brunch, ideally.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Iowa State to face Iowa in the Insight bowl.

And win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
What happened to that camera guy/girl who was stretchered off the field

• Locked thread