Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to win this mess?
This poll is closed.
Our New Canadian Overlords 19 35.19%
East Hartford FC 0 0%
Better World Cup Odds Than the USMNT 3 5.56%
28-3 4 7.41%
gently caress Anthony Precourt 9 16.67%
Our DV8 Doesn't Have a Brass Pole in It 5 9.26%
We're Not Repeating, Don't Vote for Us 5 9.26%
That Other...OTHER Canadian Team 2 3.70%
Only Palatable with Vodka 3 5.56%
Rock You Like a Hurrica...nevermind 3 5.56%
We Have the *Best* Luck in Away Knockout Games 0 0%
gently caress Chris Wondolowski for Belgium 1 1.85%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I did not see Chicago's score coming. Looks like Houston broke them last weekend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

Who could have guessed a team with -21 GD would give up goals.

They are trying to reach that -30 GD before their season ends.

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

^^^^ I gotta be honest. My biggest regret is not seeing that sea of Kansas City middle fingers when the Dynamo score a goal in the playoffs.

Your Boy Fancy posted:

I switched to the World Series to see extra innings and came back to a pile of corpses

Astros going back to Houston with a lot of away goals.

Wait, which thread is this?

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

I love my dumb team.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4bG2UddHtw

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Dallan Invictus posted:

Blehhhhst, part 2.

Houston's strategy of "let our pitch injure as many Timbers as possible so maybe we can win away" seems as unlikely to succeed as Robbo's plan against Seattle.

I know you're being cheeky, but since it's getting so much press right now, I'd like to see Dynamo's injury rate at home vs other teams at home, especially those who use Field Turf. I'll bet we're middle of the pack.

G-Hawk posted:

i basically get the reasons why but houston's playoff attendance has been extremely bad

It would be nice to have a home playoff game on a weekend at some point. Also, if we do manage to get past Portland, our next (and final) home playoff game? Tuesday, November 21st :|

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Eh, I was going to say some stuff, but the fact of the matter is that it's all anecdotal. I don't even know how one could easily gather evidence on this. The only recent injury on the field I can think of that was 100% not caused by player-to-player contact was AJ's acl injury. Injury stats I'm seeing don't specify contact.

Because, hell, if I'm wrong and our field is unsafe then I want a better field too!

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

This is less than optimal.

Domestic assault is also less than optimal.

Oh well, Joe Willis it shall be.

Hungryjack fucked around with this message at 23:42 on Nov 1, 2017

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

Well that was satisfying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungryjack
May 9, 2003

whypick1 posted:

Swing and a miss

It's very cool how Torres is suspended for barely touching Elis, who should've been sent off earlier for a second yellow. It's the best.

CONCACAF vs CONCACAF

• Locked thread