Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who's going to win this mess?
This poll is closed.
Our New Canadian Overlords 19 35.19%
East Hartford FC 0 0%
Better World Cup Odds Than the USMNT 3 5.56%
28-3 4 7.41%
gently caress Anthony Precourt 9 16.67%
Our DV8 Doesn't Have a Brass Pole in It 5 9.26%
We're Not Repeating, Don't Vote for Us 5 9.26%
That Other...OTHER Canadian Team 2 3.70%
Only Palatable with Vodka 3 5.56%
Rock You Like a Hurrica...nevermind 3 5.56%
We Have the *Best* Luck in Away Knockout Games 0 0%
gently caress Chris Wondolowski for Belgium 1 1.85%
Total: 54 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Wow, the worst offside call possible. Two defenders keep the attack onside and his goal gets called back. PRO is bad!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

whypick1 posted:

VAR can only rule a goal offside after the fact, not overturn offside on a not-goal.

Also I tuned in just after that happened apparently.

Some random article I found on VAR rules says this:

quote:

Although disallowing a goal via VAR is a simple enough process, awarding a goal that was incorrectly called back is trickier. If a strike is disallowed because of a foul, VAR can be used to correctly give that goal — provided the whistle came after the ball went in the net. The same logic applies to offside, even if the assistant referee's flag was already up when the ball went in.

So because the whistle blew before the ball was in the net, VAR is not applicable.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Jack2142 posted:

Blackberry ad MLS is a dead league.

MLS has been a dead league since Ben Olsen You're In Trouble Boy!

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Your Boy Fancy posted:

Unimas is the way and the light.

Also I don’t have the numbers on me but apparently the Unimas ratings last night doubled that of FS1, which makes me happy

The FS1 game was also on Unimas. That would make sense.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Hungryjack posted:

Eh, I was going to say some stuff, but the fact of the matter is that it's all anecdotal. I don't even know how one could easily gather evidence on this. The only recent injury on the field I can think of that was 100% not caused by player-to-player contact was AJ's acl injury. Injury stats I'm seeing don't specify contact.

Because, hell, if I'm wrong and our field is unsafe then I want a better field too!

How about wanting a new field cause the current one looks like trash?

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

He should have been given a red when he flopped in front of Sacha.

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
What time is actual kickoff for these stupid games? I really don't want to watch 30 minutes of Taylor Twellman's fat head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003

Azerban posted:

i want to beat columbus so thoroughly they move the relocation up a year, but if we don't, i want to reiterate that we already won the league and playoffs are stupid

I want Toronto to win because I, unlike the rest of the communists in American soccer, like Jozy and Bradley and also that tiny boy who scores all your goals. Also, the fact that San Jose used to employ Justin Morrow AND Beitashour and were dumb enough to get rid of them I want Columbus to win because Zach Steffan has been amazing and the story lines would be great. Also, Higuain is cool.

• Locked thread