Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Lol. You made the weird post saying he has ulterior motives as a retail employee dude. Also real bad advice about relying on Find my iPhone to recover a stolen device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Drop a Korean sim in the card? Probably sell prepaid ones in the airport

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Yes Verizon phones are unlocked

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Article you linked is from February

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Man what

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

FRINGE posted:

Has anyone used both the moto z3 and moto g6 and developed an opinion between them? Looking for a cheapish phone.

I have a 4gb Moto g6 I need to sell. It worked well after my Pixel shat the bed. Battery life was way better than the Pixel but the camera was garbage. Let me know if you are interested. It's the Prime version though with Alexa built in. I need to get unlazy and list on SA Mart

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Log in online and change your plan to one of the available ones. You can see what the new cost will be before you commit

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

MrCodeDude posted:

I have the More Everything 10GB plan shared between four lines. Three of the lines are out-of-contract.

I am trying to activate a purchased (from Google, not Verizon) Pixel 3 on one of those lines.

The attached screen comes up. The line access fee jumps from $15 to $40.

But where they total the columns, the "current cost" and "new cost" are the same. (There is nothing in the added features or existing features sections)

I'm confused. If I swap phones, will my bill go up $25?

What exactly are you doing on the website. Just switch out the Sim card on the current phone into the pIxel 3

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

If you don't care about the number it's usually cheap to just grab a prepaid sim card in the country you are visiting

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

You can do it on the website?

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Since I’m here, fun fact, as I think I’ve posted my store has been closed since mid March, and I was “re deployed” as work at home customer service. I have now been doing that for 2 weeks , and yeah, it is weird how it is both the safe and yet totally different.

Unsurprisingly , a majority of my calls are just people getting impacted my Covid 19, so it can be at times depressing , but I’ve just been focusing on trying to make the system work for said customers as much as possible , it honestly has been rewarding to help people work through whatever bill issues and get a nice thank you at the end.

I was curious what they had done with Verizon retail employees. I was speaking with a regional T-Mobile store manager and I had no idea the employees were still in store.

I am not with Verizon but Apple and I have been pulled to quality control for voice support aka AppleCare since the retail employees are on the phones now and Jesus it's not pretty. Standard Applecare has always been WFH for direct hires and I believe most of the contracting vendors were WFH as well so Apple was prepared but the call volume is nuts since everyone is home now. Thankfully retail is slowly starting to open since customers freaked at the only repair options being mail on or Express replacement where they had to foot the bill for a full device until they sent their non working device back.

I'm curious how Verizon handles the whole insurance stuff. I imagine it's customers not understanding or listening but so many times customers are buzzing mad because they have no idea what their Apple ID or password is and they can't turn off Find my to start their insurance claim.

I will agree that when I have to get directly on the phone with a customer to keep my voice support skills back it's fun to help customers out..old people are my specialty and I will spend an hour talking with them to figure out their issues.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I don't work for them but from my understanding you can't even file the claim unless activation lock is removed

Edit:of course Apple does the same but you can remove it from iCloud.com/find the problem is when people don't have a single clue what their Apple ID or are not using 2factor security on the Apple ID

DangerZoneDelux fucked around with this message at 22:01 on May 15, 2020

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Fallom posted:

For the past couple of days my iPhone X hasn't been getting most calls but has been getting the voicemails people leave. I just tried to call someone back and the call didn't go through the first time despite having a perfect signal. Is there anything I can do on my end to help troubleshoot or does this just sound like the network is being lovely? I'm in Colorado, for reference.

Reset Network settings is usually first step. After that yeah you would need to contact your carrier

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Let me pull article

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

GhostOfTomNook posted:

Posting here because it seems like a Verizon issue. I'm setting up an iPhone 12, and after entering the verizon pin the phone has been stuck on "It may take a few minutes to activate your iPhone" for at least 30 minutes. Is this something that's going to require a trip to the verizon store? Can I just hard power down and hope for the best?

If some restarts don’t work the next step is using iTunes or finder to activate. AT&T has issue as well

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Yes

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Y’all better be giving Duckman some business. Dude is going above and beyond and also read his other replies yo, he is answering same question over and over!

I was grading a hilarious call the other day for one of the dudes on my team where an Apple retail store employee called AppleCare asking if an android sim worked in an iPhone. Like come on son! Day 1 support stuff

Not hilarious call where the Verizon rep called in because they managed to put the customer in account recovery and was asking how to speed up process. Dude wanted to trade in old phone so not only was the iPhone in activation lock but his poo poo wouldn’t transfer over on the new iPhone. Got the whole I need to speak to a manager so unfortunately I didn’t get to hear him get told sorry that’s how it works. Dude was thinking it was only 24 hour wait. Probably going to be pissed when he learns it’s 24 hours till you get official waiting time that could be up to 30 days.

Hey Duck I been meaning to ask do they train you on the whole two factor poo poo for apple ids? I imagine it can slow down upgrades and new purchases since a ton of people don’t know their password

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

iPhone se 2020 model. That's what would be a match and cheapest

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

I switched to Apple but yeah don't lump Samsung with the dumpster fire that is LG. Samsung at least on Verizon still updates their phones. The Note 9 and new Samsungs were drat good. Hell even the note 8 ran well and got newer updates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Those speeds are depressing me since I get a cool 0.3 down in my area. I finally called and got the marginal coverage area spiel. I am in a suburb of Houston and the service has just gotten slower over the past 10 years. The growth here is insane so I'm guessing they just can't handle the traffic. For the same area T-Mobile is 70 and AT&t is about 10 down. I have a dorky chart where I have been tracking speeds for the different services.

It would just be nice to be able to stream something while walking the dogs but that doesn't seem to be possible with Verizon anymore in my area.