Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why

Duckman2008 posted:

I didn’t look at the dates. I’ll check tomorrow, but likely it’ll be the Wednesday before Black Friday. We won’t know Verizon Black Friday deals until around then unless they leak.

Really hoping for a ~$15/mo deal for the Pixel 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
So the Verizon BF deals are out and they're pretty underwhelming.
http://www.verizon.com/about/news/get-50-google-pixel-2-samsung-galaxy-s8-moto-z2-force-and-more-black-friday-verizon

Was hoping for something better on the Pixel 2 but I can't do Unlimited since my family plan ends up being more expensive on that.
Guess I'll just pull the trigger on the "up to 50% off with trade-in" deal they have going on.
I'll be trading in a Galaxy S6 so for a Pixel 2 64GB it'll be ~$17 a month which ain't bad.

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
Chatted with a Verizon rep and got my Pixel 2 promo switched to the current one they're having ($300 off). Originally it was $649 - $225 (Trade in promo) but now it's $649 - $300 off promo - $130 (if I sell my old phone on Swappa or something).

What a ridiculous deal for the phone. Love it.

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
Been refreshing waiting for the 8.1 update to go live on my Pixel 2. I want to play with the AR stuff so bad. With Treble and whatever, are updates supposed to be quicker eventually?

Edit: Just went ahead and sideloaded it. Spent way too mcuh time playing with the AR stickers.

hmmxkrazee fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 11, 2017

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
What's the best option for international roaming? I'm going overseas (Korea) for about 10 days and was looking at the options and I guess TravelPass makes the most sense ($10/day)? I probably won't need to use it everyday (get by on wifi most days) but my wife probably will be using it daily which will come out to about $100 just for her. Add in a couple days for me and we're looking at close to $150 max.

The $25 a month international traveling plan looks okay (so it'd be $50 total for both of us) but the 100mb data limit is too small and we'll probably go over it. Overage charge of $25 per 100mb is pretty steep. Don't need talk or text.

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
Sounds good. I'll enable TravelPass and use it as a second option as needed. As long as "Airplane Mode" is on I won't be activating it right?

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
I'm hoping y'all run a similar deal to last year's Black Friday / early Dec deal where I got my P2 for basically ~$13 a month (think it was basically $300 off w/ no trade in req). Still contemplating but anything under $20 for the P3 and I'm upgrading.

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
So it looks like Best Buy's doing $400 off pixel 3/3 XL with payment plan during BF. I currently have a Pixel 2 on payment plan. If I buy out the remaining device payment balance before then, I should be able to qualify for that right? Or can I just do that if I go in to get that deal (not sure how much Best Buy emloyees can do)

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
We were paying for the Verizon Mobile Protect Multi-Device plan ($50) and on a recent customer service chat about something else, they suggested we switch to Wireless Phone Protection to save like $15/mo.
We've never used any insurance/warranty/etc so I didn't think much of it but looking more closely at it, it looks like it's basically the same but without Verizon Extended Warranty and Mobile Secure?
Is it worth it to just go back and stay on the VMP MD (we have 5 devices)? Mainly for the Extended Warranty... could care less about Mobile Secure.

vv Okay sounds good. Thanks!

hmmxkrazee fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Nov 7, 2022

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
We're heading to Mexico in a few weeks for vacation and was hoping to get some clarification on roaming details (site agent wasn't very helpful...).
Originally planned on grabbing Mexico SIM cards but perhaps the roaming might be enough?

We are on the 5G Play More and 5G Start 1.0 plans. In the "Manage Plan" page, it says the plan includes 0.5GB of data and then 2G speeds after that (sounds pretty much unuseable).
However, on our Intl Plans Overview page, it says the plan includes 2GB of data and then 3G speeds after that..

Which is accurate?

And if one of the phones has TravelPass enabled, I assume it would automatically default to that first and not the included roaming feature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hmmxkrazee
Sep 9, 2006
why
Awesome, sounds good. Thanks!