Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
Does anyone know what's the deal with the $30/month "visible by verizon?" whats the difference between that and regular verizon 5g at ~30-40$/month?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

hmm, how slow we talking? i don't really do too much besides futzing with instagram stories and tiktok from time to time. i never watch movies, streamers, or download big games unless i'm on wifi. are we talking like.... instagram pictures loading at 56k speeds, or that tiktoks will be blurry sometimes (fine)? trying to figure out if this would be a Good Choice for me, the guy who mostly stays in the house

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jan 19, 2023

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

my phone isn't supported by verizon visible so i'm looking at their regular plans.

$60/month with Prepaid Unlimited Plus
50GB premium network access
vs
$60/month with 5G Start
unclear: all the mobile data is premium??
5GB Premium mobile hotpost

not sure which way to go with

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

Got an unlocked Pixel 8 this past Monday and took it in to the store to activate it. Worked fine. Suddenly today I don't have service on it at all. The phone says "You don't have a Verizon Wireless plan or you've used all of your plan allowance, please contact Verizon." All my attempts to contact Verizon about it simply do not work. The phone number directs me to the website which tells me that I need to reset my SIM card or, alternatively, that my device is simply not supported. What the gently caress

e: seems to have gone away on its own. great

Jinnigan fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Feb 22, 2024

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

problems over. well, alright.