Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I have a "bring your own" iPhone 7 (and later added an iPad) on the NEW VERIZON SINGLE SMRTPHN 5GB plan. Will I lose this plan if I buy a new iPhone from Apple and bring it over?

This plan is $10+ cheaper than their replacement 4GB plan so I'd like to keep it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug

Duckman2008 posted:

Nope, you will keep your plan. A. For 99% of the time Verizon let’s you keep your plan, and B. That’s still a relevant plan. It’s priced that way because you can only have one smartphone on it.

Thank you Duckman! When I get around to doing it, is there any referral code or anything from you I can pass along?

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I just signed up my widowed mom and her iPhone 6s+ to the Vzn 3gb single phone prepaid $40 plan coming from the overpriced AT&T shared plan she had with pops.

Are there any drawbacks other than getting crappier coverage and only 480p golden retriever videos with the prepaid plan? She is in the California foothills quite a bit so I want her phone to work at least as well as it did with AT&T.

Can I switch her to a postpaid without too much of a hassle if need be?

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Nov 4, 2019

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
My ma got the new prepaid sim card and put it in and went through some screens and the phone worked but she nor the cell phone store person (no dedicated Vzn shop in her small town) could get the online web registration/pin to work. You weren't kidding about the call in prepaid customer service basically being non-existent. You just get set in a loop of selections that never lead you to a person. It's obvious all the companies hate prepaid $35/month customers.

Chat with customer service ended up working though and they got it reset and sent the actual pin for online account registration! It's not even the same chat people for prepaid they transfer you to them.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Nov 10, 2019

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I'd just like to say the $40/month ($35 with auto pay) 3GB PREPAID Vzn plan I got my Mom a year ago has worked great for her, with no problems whatsoever and the coverage is actually better (even when we traveled around back in October in the Sierra Nevada mountains) than her old overpriced AT&T unlimited plan she used to share with my Pops. I even gave her my iPhone XR to replace the 6s plus she was using and the sim swapped over with no problems and the online account showed the new phone instantly.

It does look like the 3GB plan is no longer offered after it expires on Dec 3rd but there is a 5GB plan for $40 now with the same $5 auto pay discount as well as another $5 off for loyalty after a few months. Cool.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Nov 22, 2020

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
My Ma's Prepaid plan recharged and billed yesterday, but today her phone wasn't working all day today, so I looked at the website and there was a yellow flag saying "Add Funds" etc. The online chat rep did something or other and filed a trouble ticket and then credited the account $10 for the inconvenience. That's darn good service for a Sat evening!

She's getting a great deal with this plan so I hope I can keep her in it for a while.

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I don't believe the "keep your own plan" part as those usually make you go for the fully loaded unlimited plan which washes out the phone cost if you were on some $70 5gb plan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
So far I really like the Prepaid "Unlimited Plus" plan for $70 I moved to back in December for my iPhone/iPad, even though the billing is confusing as hell. Even though I have it linked to a credit card and Autopay set, it seems to only pay the phone part of the plan and not the tablet and then the tablet doesn't work until I move more money over....maybe it's me and it will work by itself out next time when the plan "expires" on March 11. :newlol:

I was able to switch to the prepaid plan from a post unlimited plan easily via chat and also able to switch to a new iphone back in January via the website with no issues. Surprising.

Verizon is also (as of Nov 2023) allowing watches added to prepaid as well, for like $10/month so I may finally get an Apple Watch.

Keyser_Soze fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 5, 2024