Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

pagin' Duckman2008

My wife and I are current Verizon customers, but she kinda wants to switch to Visible https://www.visible.com/ because it's so much cheaper and claims to use the same towers, etc. All I can find about Visible is a post from OldSenileGuy over 2 years ago where he didn't like their service.

So two questions for the thread:

1. Is Visible good or wack? How much worse is its service/coverage than standard Verizon service? What's the catch (other than de-prioritization during congested times)?

2. Is there any way I can leverage Visible's pricing against Verizon to have them give us a discount to stay with VZ instead of switching providers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

we've got some kind of legacy mix and match family plan right now, only one line of which (mine) is the unlimited.

I'd like to go from my old rear end iphone 8 to an iphone 15 pro but stay on vz. what's the best deal they're gonna offer me on this? or should I just buy from apple? hate seeing how new customers or people who switch providers get like, the entire phone free while loyal customers get little to nothing.

requirements: unlimited data, hotspot capability. I guess keeping disney+ would be good because we'd probably have to sub to that anyway if we didn't have it through vz.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

The big reason 36 months can suck is battery depreciation. My wife wouldn’t be looking to upgrade her 13 pro except her battery life is already meh, and would be terrible waiting a 3rd year.

why not just do a battery replacement?