Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Hey Duckman, I think I'm probably going to need/want to call you - need to port my wife's work phone and number from ATT to my existing Verizon family plan. She's been out on maternity leave and apparently been accruing grumpy emails about the company discontinuing their work phone policy.

I guess we should chat via PMs first? Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Oh hey, we just got the release code for the wife's work phone. Looks like it's good for a month, I'll check back next week about when to call. Timing it with the iphone release is something all right. They're also making her go to the office, so it's just sunshine all around!

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
After hours of woe on the phone with ATT, Duckman was super responsive and helpful with getting the line ported over. Also the guy at my "local" corporate store was friendly and had everything ready. Would Verizon again.

If only this was something fun other than paying for the wife's work phone!

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Hey speaking of the Pixel 6 on Verizon, I think my sim card is from my Nexus 6? Maybe older? Does the physical sim card make a difference in 4g connectivity or speed? I know actual 5g is different (though my phone will show the 5g symbol with this sim card). I don't seem to have any issues, but I didn't know if there's a compelling reason to go to the corporate store and get a new, fresh sim card.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Does the micro tower produce a 4g signal? I would assume so since 3g is basically gone at this point

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Hey dumb question, trading in two phones, they only sent one envelope and prepaid UPS label. Just put both phones in there and send it in, or do they have to go in separately? Each phone arrived in it's own box, but only one had the trade in stuff.

Also, thanks for the help with my phones Duckman!

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Hey Duckman, are you doing phone orders for Pixel 8 Pros?

The wife sounded interested and if I can get full value for my 4 XL spare, I might be interested too.

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010
Congrats! Thanks for all the help!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alarbus
Mar 31, 2010

Duckman2008 posted:

I donno if you want to hear this or not, but I’ve seen kids stay on parents plans into their 30s and 40s lol. Although usually kids move off in mid to late 20s, the prompt is usually significant other / getting married. But like, my very good friend, him and his wife are both on his in laws plan because it’s just cheaper for 4 lines shared than 2 and 2 lines shared.

Lmao, I'm in my 40s, and my plan has grown from me and my parents (with me owning the plan), to adding my wife, to adding my 5yo, and a work only phone.

In theory, I could add my in laws too, but having their own VZW plan means they get their own discount on FIOS, so it's technically better for them?

I think my contract is older than a fair amount of verizon employees at this point!