Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Can you mix the plan type for unlimited plans on an account? Can my account have one Beyond Unlimited line and two regular unlimited lines?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Verizon doesn't offer a bucket of data plan larger than 8gb right?

I currently have two smartphones, plus a dumbphone on a plan. I pay about $155 a month for this after my line access discount but before taxes. I have the old school unlimited data plan on one line and a 2gb plan on the other.

I'd like to replace the dumbphone with another iPhone, this would bring my cost down to $130/mo (potentially less with my discount). I''m assuming 8gb is enough data but if there's a larger plan available I might go with that.

On those plans, is the line access charge still $20 if I bring my own devices?

I'm assuming I'd need to go to a store to make that swap to the bucket of data plan since my plan is so ancient?

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

I went through my entire bill history and 8gb would have been plenty (I guess I've been overspending on unlimited data) - we never had a month where the two lines went over 5gb usage. Generally its closer to 3-4gb usage.

I'd feel better about a 12gb data pool if it were available but we can probably deal with 8gb most of the time. Still cheaper than 3x55 for Play Unlimited.

How do discounts work on the bucket plans? Applied towards the line access fees but not the base plan price?

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

Duckman2008 posted:

-Do you own your own business

I do have a business I could use. I was actually considering doing a Business Unlimited plan at one point, but it would require me to add a line since I only have three lines now.

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

How easy is it to switch devices on the Verizon Loyalty plan with shared data? My folks want updated cell phones, Mom’s on an iPhone 6 and Dad wants an iPhone, but has a flip phone now. Ideally I’d be able to pick up a couple of iPhone SEs and do it all over the phone. Is that possible, or am I going to need to go into a store?

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

TwoDice posted:

Cool, I'll check back occasionally.

If you put your address into the checker online, when it becomes available, you should get a postcard in the mail.

One thing to note - if you have Hulu Live TV, using it on a non-mobile device (ie: a TV/Fire stick) will not work with any of the Verizon cellular home internet options. You can call Hulu to get them to whitelist your IP address, but once your IP changes (mine changed after two days), it no longer works and you have to call them again. This must be a big complaint for Verizon, as they recently updated their TOS to call out that it might not work.

iCloud Private Relay also does not work for me when I'm using my work iPad on my home wifi. I've read about some cellular carriers blocking it, but since LTE Home Internet use is relatively low, there's not a lot of info from other users online about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordOfThePants
Sep 25, 2002

kensei posted:

Duckman how's the home internet service and can you sell it?

I have their LTE home internet and it’s been a huge upgrade over the CenturyLink DSL I had before. I live in a rural area and I don’t think usage is very high here. It’s advertised as 25Mbps typical with 50Mbps max and I never had any trouble maxing it out, so there must not be much demand on my tower.

The modem they sent me is 5G compatible but we don’t have 5G here yet.

I just did another speed test out of curiosity and got 220Mbps down and 67 up. Wow. There was a very brief outage the other day (10 min), they must have performed an upgrade.

For rural internet, it’s a game changer.