Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
title stolen for lf posting
The Pixil (1 not 2) is listed at 22.91/24 months right now. Thats seems steep since they were like 10/mo for a while?

How is the actual call quality on them? I'm weird and still use phones for calls. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Does anyone have any serious opinions of the s8 over the pixil2 or vice versa? (Especially about call quality?)

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

DaveSauce posted:

perpetually screwed when buying phones directly from Verizon
New title?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

axeil posted:

I despise CDMA

Why?

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

axeil posted:

Incompatibility with global phones, forces everything on Verizon to have it's own version that is usually not as good as the non-Verizon one.
Oh yeah the politics of it sucks. I thought you meant the actual CDMA aspect. Ive had better connections on Verizon than ever with the "fancier" phones that are GSM.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

The only way to keep the same number with the BOGO is to switch out the current number to google voice.

That is loving dumb and whatever b-schooler came up with it should be hung from a cell tower.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Has anyone used both the moto z3 and moto g6 and developed an opinion between them? Looking for a cheapish phone.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

Depends on your use scenario, the Z3 has more power and better camera. The Z3 was $100 off at Verizon (over 2 years), not at work so not sure if that ended on Christmas or not.

The G6 is definitely really good for its price.
Thanks. I think Im going to have to bite and do one of these.

DangerZoneDelux posted:

I have a 4gb Moto g6 I need to sell. It worked well after my Pixel shat the bed. Battery life was way better than the Pixel but the camera was garbage. Let me know if you are interested. It's the Prime version though with Alexa built in. I need to get unlazy and list on SA Mart
Ill probably do the cheap payment version (and avoid Alexa), but thanks!

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

redeyes posted:

Pixel was that bad? Why?

Google made it.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

they can do better on plan naming

I’m surprised you want to do play unlimited versus do unlimited
I hate their brain damaged marketing people so much. If it was just me on the plan I would bail.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003
Hey look another year and another chance for Verizon to piss on all its existing customers.

Every "deal" requires you to "switch" to Verizon.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Len posted:

Since data clearly isn't as expensive as they've made it out to be are they going to rework data plans and lower prices after this is over?

Yeah the day after the criminal enterprise is declared a utility and seized by the government.

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Duckman2008 posted:

I know it’s SA and all that , and Verizon is a big company, but for the record, when Verizon had to close my store (and all others), they kept every single employee at home, with full pay, for over a month while figuring out what to do with us. There are still employees that have no work to do and are getting full pay and benefits. Btw, Verizon already pays the highest in the industry, so it isn’t like; $8 am hour employees they are paying here. They also moved their entire call center to work from home within I think a week and a half in mid March. They’ve been doing live daily updates, and overall the message from the top of the company is that this is a crisis, and they want to do what they can to keep employees and customers safe, and it shows in their actions right now.

So while that should be the norm, quite frankly it unfortunately isn’t. I know I’m biased since I work for them, but right now I’ll tell you I’m drat proud to work for this company. And I know you probably don’t know any of this, but now you do.

But don’t worry, There are plenty of lovely capitalist companies for your statement. Go poo poo on Spectrum,, who forced their call center employees to keep going to work even though their jobs could be done from home and now multiple of their employees have Covid.

Ive had an account with them for :corsair: 20 years :corsair:, and while I am very glad they are treating you better than they might, I have earned my grumbling, and know a number of people in several states that were chewed up working for verizon.

The combo of old GTE bs on the one side, and 30,000,000,000 in profits on the other - there is no reason to allow verizon and att to hold what is a modern utility hostage in their rent seeking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FRINGE
May 23, 2003

Len posted:

Yeah that's what prompted my question. They apparently just found 15 more gigs for everyone tucked in a dusty corner somewhere

Yeah but you know the basic bills have to stay high because Bandwidth Is Expensive.