Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have a buddy who moved further out to BFE and his sprint hotspot isn’t covering his internet. His phone plan is through Verizon and data works ok... what’s the easiest way for him to add that to his plan. Is that something Duckman can do for him?
Also are these kits that have Yagi-Uda antennas sold for Verizon hotspots compatible or is there a way to peak it for him?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Economic Adjustment Charge :yum:

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm trying to survive on this iPhone 11 Pro until the new ones arrive in a few months (no free space, not willing to janitor my messages to recover).

Currently I have the December 2019-era "BUSINESS UNLIMITED SMARTPHONE $45" with 2 lines. It looks like it's 4G and I'd need to move to Business Unlimited Start/Plus/Pro to get 5G. We use about 3GB per month.

If I want to be able to use the 15 Pro basically as soon as it comes out, what's the order of operations and how should I handle changing plans? The Standard (non-business) plans like "Unlimited Plus" seem to be $50/line so not sure if I should switch back to personal plan style somehow.

Hed fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jul 14, 2023

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Duckman2008 posted:

So I don’t work in the business department, although I’ll try to remember to check with a friend on this. The $45 bus plan was really good pricing for two lines, so price wise it’s pretty good.

FYI all plans get the base 5G. You may not get the faster 5GUW.

If you don’t care about data speeds and are happy where you are, I would get phone, just swap SIMs and keep plan as is. Your plan def gets priority data btw, so that’s another reason to keep it.

Awesome! So I can just get the phone from Apple, pop the SIM out of my 11 Pro, and put it into my new one? Do I need to unlock my 11 or anything? It’s been years since I’ve looked into this.
Thanks duckman.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Have the microcells solved the problem of “locking” the phone to it? A friend had an AT&T one at his house about 10 years ago and it helped with reception at his house, but if you tried to drive away, the call would die —it would never hand off back to a tower.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Trying to figure out if I should buy my multiple iPhones 15 Pro/Max from Verizon directly (which would make it easier, on a business plan) or Apple. And then if I should order it through the site or just go to the local Verizon store.
Not trading anything in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
luv 2 have a "we're increasing your business line price by $5/line, because we can" email waiting for me.