Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

wandler20 posted:

Other than him not needing a flagship phone, why not? The 2 XL is a fantastic phone.

The screen isn't as good as the price would suggest, plus they did this weird thing where they covered the metal back in plastic so it feel cheap although it's premium material.

Expectedly, this means this is the worst phone that was ever created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Yeah, cell companies love it because they can still bill you for calls going over someone else’s network.

They would rather you make all calls via WiFi.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

I don’t remember all the details , but I believe it was $10 a month no trade in, $0 a month with qualifying trade in.

Free iPhone 7 (billed monthly) with any iPhone 6 trade in. My wife and I jumped on that offer and there's a lot more people who did too.

“Want a new iPhone 7 at no cost? For a limited time, beginning Friday, September 9, at 12:01 a.m. PST, Verizon is offering iPhone 7 32 GB at no cost after you trade in an iPhone 6, 6 Plus, 6s or 6s Plus. Have an iPhone 5, 5c, 5s or SE? Get up to $400 towards the purchase of your iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus. Or trade in your Android or iPhone 4 device for up to $300 in trade-in value.”

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Duckman2008 posted:

Last years Note 8 is about to be $200 off , which is good. Otherwise not much in android world.

For iPhone world Verizon is doing a BOGO for launch. Standard BOGO: buy the XS / XS max, get $700 off the second phone (so iPhone 8 is free, iPhone XS $700 off).

One of the lines has to be a new line though :fuckoff:

Funky Bunkbed posted:

Am I correct that there’s no way around needing a new line for the iPhone Xs/Max promo? If not, is this likely to be the best deal we’re gonna get? With that awesome iPhone 7 promo (which I totally took advantage of), I can’t remember if they wound up doing something similar later in the year.

That iPhone 7 deal was the best they've done and haven't done anything like that since.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

The iPhone 7 for $450 is a killer deal if you're OK with a 2 year old phone.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

IuniusBrutus posted:

Has anyone recently bought a Verizon phone from Best Buy that was on sale?

I know purchasing direct from Verizon, if something is on sale they give you a bill credit every month over the course of 24 months. I've heard conflicting things about buying from Best Buy though - do they apply the credit that way as well? Or is it all at once when you purchase the device?

Their website lists the phone deals as a monthly discount or as a discount off the full price so it’s however you decide to pay.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Crazyweasel posted:

Just got echoing this. Wife and I are on 8GB shared and rarely hit it, but want to upgrade to iPhone XR.

It looks like V started a BOGO, but that's for new lines only and Unlimited. Am I missing any other way to get a discount or should I just go through Apple so I at least get a high trade in value for one phone? (Wife has 6s, I have a Galaxy S7)

Walmart is doing $150 off the XR on line upgrades when paying over 24 months. Not a bill credit though, so you can pay it off early if you want (after 30 or 60 days or whatever the threshold is).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

New and existing Verizon customers who have an unlimited plan will get Disney+ free for the first year

https://www.verizonwireless.com/solutions-and-services/disneyplus/