Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

STR posted:

Nice work!

How do those Cerwin Vegas sound? Judging by the packaging + price + wattage claims, I'm gonna guess they're one of the many brands that got sold off and moved to China. Both my car and GF's car need upgrades; I was going to upgrade to components and toss my Polk coaxials into her car, since both of our cars take 6.5". :flaccid:

That's good info on the mirrors too. Mine is delaminating, and I don't give a poo poo about OnStar (especially since my version of OnStar will be totally dead on Jan 1st). But I'd really like to have (a) Homelink (b) retain the compass + outside temp (c) retain auto dimming. I assume all of the buttons + OnStar microphone run over GM LAN, dunno how that'll affect using a different mirror (it'd be nice to use the built-in mic for my current stereo, but I don't think any others will have the mic).

So only a little related, but I tried to warranty at part at Advance a few weeks ago, but it was a different one than the one I usually go to.

They had absolutely no record of my phone number or any purchases, and said I would need the paper receipt (I even had the box, but since BWD is carried by everyone, they refused). I asked how they didn't have any record of my purchases. The manager on duty told me that the stores don't share customer information.... it has to be exchanged at the store I bought it from if I don't have the receipt. That store is over 200 miles away in Garland TX (Zombieland depicts it quite accurately, btw), you reaaaaaaally think I'm doing a 7 hour round trip to exchange a :10bux: part? :fuckoff:

I have no idea how much of that was bullshit, but to not share that kind of info across stores in this day and age sounds like a big ol' truckload of bullshit. Especially when they were able to pull up the inventory of the location I normally get parts from and tell me "yeah, they don't have it on hand" (no poo poo, that's why I drove 10 miles to your location instead of 3 to the one by my home).

I refuse to shop at the O'Reilly's closest to me because they always either stiff me or tip $1 when they order food delivery.

Call the Garland store and have them email or fax the receipt to you or the store, that's what we do at Batteries Plus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

STR posted:

I wound up grabbing a couple of switches at LKQ last time I was there. Also, off topic, but since you're at Batteries Plus... best legal way to dispose of an old SLA battery? It's an old UPS battery, it's bulging and cracked. Kinda wanna get it the gently caress out of my garage, but I don't want to pay someone to take it unless I absolutely have to.

Drop it off at a Batteries Plus, they'll take it for free.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Hey Darchangel, I dunno if you're looking for another RX7, but this one looks gorgeous. I'd be on it if I had more mechanical experience: https://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/cto/d/carrollton-1985-mazda-rx7/6948811634.html

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
lol "Space Wars"
Nice work on the RX-7 and garage. Hope your wife is doing better soon.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Fantastic progress! What rust converter are you using? I have similar rust on the bottom of my van I need to attack (rust in north Texas is so weird, agreed).

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Agreed. It's beautiful.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
That exhaust sounds awesome! Good bunch of updates, but condolences on your plumbing. I had to replace a bunch of lines under my house this year, so I feel your pain. You asked last page if anyone wanted to buy your 86 and oh god do I, but alas, I bought pipes this year.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice

took me a second to recognize that was a floor jack tucked under the hood

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Fuuuuck that sucks! I'm on your level though, wait a few days until you're kicking myself for not having the sweet controls and pull it apart over the weekend.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Great stool, hahaha!

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
Condolences on your loss, friend.

StormDrain posted:

No paternity test needed.

hahaha exact same thought here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON

College Slice
That Leonards store guide is pretty cool. There used to be a burger restaraunt attached to a Leonards museum near downtown Fort Worth.
Looking forward to seeing that Chevy get cleaned up and put together.