Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001

Larrymer posted:

Why not just put a cat on it?

Agreed, the high flow cats don't slow you down, plus then your exhaust doesn't smell horrible.

Though when I put one on my subaru I was hoping to make it quieter but it didn't change at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
You may want to wait on reusing those plates - unless the cart wheelbase is much longer than the cabinet, it will still tip over and that would be a disaster with a welder sitting on top of it.
If its anything like my cart, the bottle on the back would keep it counterweighted until it was empty, upon which it dumps everything forward. Just long enough for you to think everything is good.

I really like the idea though - keep all that welding junk in one spot, and put gloves, face masks etc in it too.

blindjoe
Jan 10, 2001
https://www.amazon.ca/JXC-Trailer-Center-Mount-Tongue/dp/B07ZZJM24X

- not a recommendation, just the type.

For the trailer jack, use the kind that mounts in the triangle at the tongue. The fold away ones are always too janky and the wheels are annoying.

This trailer will be really easy to push around when its empty, so you don't need a wheel.
the only issue with these ones is it needs to clear your tailgate when you open the truck, so it doesn't dent. Without a tailgate you are safe.

Also, when I did my trailer, I missed running a couple of pieces of conduit to the lights, instead of just draping loose wires on under the thing, or running through the frame (this could be fine depending on the protection).