Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

The Eurobeat in my heart has been awakened.

Owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Darchangel posted:

At least it's not been "lightened" for doriftu, other than the AC condenser, and I suspect that may have been damaged in whatever accident took out the front bumper.

Oh, hell yes, please!
Though I'll still need an adapter - this one is solid aluminum. No hole for the OEM contact thingy to go through. Though it does have a hole in the side of it for weed storagea nitrous button.

just a thought...

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Derp! Yeah, having to press a button to get the key out on a manual equipped car was pretty common in the 80s. I don't think Honda did it (neither of my 88 Accords did that), but Toyota definitely did, and a lot of domestic stuff did. I don't really get why

The idea is to make it impossible to accidentally lock the column while the vehicle's in motion, even if you have to shut the engine off. An auto just won't let you lock the column unless it's in park, with a manual a button is a much more positive way of making pulling the key a deliberate action than a push-in detent, though both are used.

Did you adjust the new brakes right up Darchangel? The self-adjusters won't chooch without the car rolling, and a poo poo pedal from bad adjustment has bit me before.