Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Me have motors that scream to 10,000rpm. Me have more cars than Pick and Pull
I wouldn't bother with an RX-7 live axle unless you really want to, but it's pretty trivial to have the bolt pattern redrilled to 4x4.5".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Olympic Mathlete posted:

4x100/114.3 has the coolest wheel choices IMO.

http://kyushashoes.com/

4x100 still is the best for small wheels. There's a reason I'm building my race FB around it.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

The stuff where they're cloning current production wheels makes me roll my eyes a bit but whatever, definite kudos to them for making stuff in weird bolt patterns and older styles.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Aluminum wheels are wear items on track.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Squinting at that transmission, I'm pretty sure it's a hybrid - front case is definitely FC, but the shifter housing looks like FB. Entire tailshaft housing may be FB, hard to tell.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Since RX-7s are part of this... https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tire...romCompare1=yes

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Hmmm. 52mm on those... seeing 61mm BBK ones on ebay... can you measure the center to center spacing? I'm working on a slide valve TB but it would be nice to have a cheap alternative.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Darchangel posted:

The bores are 72mm apart:

Huh, weird. Not really ideal for rotary stuff, but ... oh. Oh hm. 4 of those vertical on a small block Chevy might be fun.

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

ITBs need a lot more flow - a throttle body feeding a plenum is flowing air basically all the time, one going to each cylinder on the one hand only sees 1/8th (or whatever) the flow on average, but is seeing no flow about 2/3rds the time. So 50-56mm per throttle for a healthy SBC isn't actually unreasonable.

On a rotary, could do it like you posted with two of them, but all you really need for butterfly area is around 40-44mm going by the Aussie guys. Two 50mm butterflies is reasonable for a healthy streetport 13B, and for peripheral ports I'm looking in the 58-60mm range. Anyway, neither here nor there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mekilljoydammit
Jan 28, 2016

Wow, I just realized that's a power steering car. Good work, god's work etc. ;)