Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Bullshit... you can be mine.
Whoa so the FLEX TAPE won't work?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Awesome. I had a BMW 325e that I put a flowmaster on and it actually sounded very decent. You'll probably have a little bit of a drone but adds character.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Let me know when you're thinking of letting the toyota go.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

I used those quickstruts on my wife's armada and they worked great.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Darchangel posted:

I saw that as a possibility while googling around. May try. Other options were acid-based HVAC and drain cleaners, and the “good” wheel cleaner for rough cast aluminum and chrome wheels - the one that says not to use on polished, painted or anodized wheels - which is also an acidic cleaner. The super HVAC and boiler cleaner I found (“Sizzle”, lol) is HCl acid!

Hcl would do it, maybe lower a concentration and lightly brush it on so it doesn't go where it doesn't need to.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

Probably a OEM'd Goodman. I'd guess 2.5-3 as mine was the same on my old house and looked similar. I was looking at the back of some bleachless toilet bowl cleaner that's the blue gel and it's 10% hcl. To edit: I went to a 4 ton 14 SEER unit in my 1400 sqft house in Houston and it was night and day. Paid for itself in like a year and a half.

Mr-Spain fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Sep 14, 2019

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

I feel ya. I was going to do a bunch of fun car projects but now have to pay my deductible to fix a leak in my master shower pan. Yay.

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

I don't want to be anywhere close to outside right now, I have to fix the sprinkers tonight before we leave for a week and I'm dreading that relativley simple job lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr-Spain
Aug 27, 2003

How ya been boss. You got me interested in plating a while back and I'm doing several vintage tool restores right now and it's been a help to get some finishes on there. The stuff below is the handle, arbor (i dunno pushes the spindle/quill down) and some adjusting handles I've Nickel plated. It's really humid down here south of you so anything to help the corrosion.