Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006
I've never seen someone put work into fixing the 6.38" rear on a SR5 before. The car will be surprisingly fun despite having all of 50whp; I dyno'd my '87 4AC powered AE86 and wasn't surprised by the results. They sold GT-S coupes from '85-'87, but hatches are far harder to find thanks to drifter destruction.

Good luck, as you'll need it if you ever decide you want to start upgrading anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006

Darchangel posted:

All I'm doing is replacing a roached bearing on one axle, which is way, way cheaper than literally any other option. I may pull the pig just to change the oil and confirm gear ratio/check the gears, which will cost me all of maybe and hour and some gasket sealer.
Do you normally replace an entire rearend when the bearings go out?

I won't be drifting the thing, so there's no reason to replace the axle unless I bump the power up, which right now is probably not happening. My first love is my RX-7. This is just a dalliance.
That was not meant to be an attack, just more an expression of surprise since the smaller Toyota rear axles do not tend to get much love.

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006
Your water leak could be from your rear windows above the seats, as the butyl adhesive tends to not seal well at this point. Replacing the adhesive on mine was one of the most nerve wracking jobs I've done since I end up being ham fisted when it comes to any glass handling. Most of the exterior window trim was unobtanium new as of 2014, but hopefully that has changed.

pr0craztinazn
Feb 24, 2006
Sorry for not being clear, as the side windows are what I meant were the likely culprits.