Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I just want my machine to have art of a dragon and a barbarian chick with huge knockers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack posted:

I just want my machine to have art of a dragon and a barbarian chick with huge knockers.

This is all sane people want except for the rich 50 year old morons who only buy if there's a photo of Aerosmith glued on instead.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
that AC/DC table is loving grotesque

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a lot of stern tables are really long and have big empty playfields and its annoying

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
the same bar here with Bride has whatever the Pinball 2000 Attack From Mars table is and literally half the table is an LCD screen and it's so incredibly unfun to play

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

the same bar here with Bride has whatever the Pinball 2000 Attack From Mars table is and literally half the table is an LCD screen and it's so incredibly unfun to play

yeah that might be the single most poorly aged pinball table ever made lol

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

attack from mars doesn't have a lcd screen

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

attack from mars rules revenge from mars is the abomination

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

mysterious loyall X posted:

attack from mars doesn't have a lcd screen

they mean revenge from mars

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

trying to jack off posted:

they mean revenge from mars

oh i just looked up that on youtube. the big led white house looks like apiece of poo poo

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

oh i just looked up that on youtube. the big led white house looks like apiece of poo poo

a 4th g rader could make better looking CG art on an iphone nowadays too

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

epic playfield lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

the dumb poo poo that plays on the screen when youre bowling has aged better than that games screen elements

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I want a game that looks like bowling interstitial animations.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

In Training posted:

I want a game that looks like bowling interstitial animations.

would be a good level theme for a new warioware

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

heres a podcast where a pinball guy talks to most of the big name designers and some other guys from the industry http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

python anghelo's episode immediately goes off the rails. its amazing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

GameCube posted:

heres a podcast where a pinball guy talks to most of the big name designers and some other guys from the industry http://www.pinrepair.com/topcast/past.php

python anghelo's episode immediately goes off the rails. its amazing

ive listened to these before and its good poo poo

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

:nws: prototype pics

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

HORMELCHILI posted:

playfield design 20 years ago:

playfield design today:

this is true but i still thought the new star wars was fun.

also posting the Medieval Madness playfield without all the goofy poo poo on it is kinda disingenuous:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

The new(ish) wizard of oz pins are one of the only tables with a big rear end screen that isn’t total garbage, and even still its overly distracting.

It’s as if designers discovered screens and LED lights and crammed a bunch of those in instead of designing a cool tables.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

All that being said I really like the Star Trek tables that came out a few years ago.

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

tao of lmao posted:

All that being said I really like the Star Trek tables that came out a few years ago.

that's because it's just a streamlined version of a 90's williams game. same designer, steve richie

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

P-Mack posted:

There were a couple pinball games on the Sega Genesis that had this exact 70s fantasy aesthetic. They weren't great pinball but it was still neat.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

tao of lmao posted:

The new(ish) wizard of oz pins are one of the only tables with a big rear end screen that isn’t total garbage, and even still its overly distracting.
I didn't enjoy it at all. The only Stern machine I've liked is the 2003 Lord of the Rings one. Bally have always been my favorite, although I don't know if they're really better than Williams.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

FactsAreUseless posted:

I didn't enjoy it at all. The only Stern machine I've liked is the 2003 Lord of the Rings one. Bally have always been my favorite, although I don't know if they're really better than Williams.

Agreed I didn’t like playing it either, but it looks beautiful.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

a lot of the modern sterns have wizard modes that take like an hour to actually get to and beat because they expect the tables to go in peoples house and be played every day for a year instead of just played once a month at an arcade

i hate this design, a lot of pinball fx tables also feel like they take forever to make progress and its one of the reason im sour on it

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

pinball fx is loving garbage. every time i give it another chance i regret it

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
the turbografx had a lot of good pinball on it. time cruise and the *crush games for starters.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

a lot of ppl say big bang bar is good but i've never played it.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

a lot of the modern sterns have wizard modes that take like an hour to actually get to and beat because they expect the tables to go in peoples house and be played every day for a year instead of just played once a month at an arcade

i hate this design, a lot of pinball fx tables also feel like they take forever to make progress and its one of the reason im sour on it

theres a good video of a lord of the rings table where the guy plays for an hour then then drains his last ball right before activating wizard mode and he screams and the video ends

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

theres a good video of a lord of the rings table where the guy plays for an hour then then drains his last ball right before activating wizard mode and he screams and the video ends

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9PnCwcYPwY&t=3155s

yea its the papa tutorial video, he just cuts off the video after the drain

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

elf help book posted:

ty

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

This happened to me irl. I got the first part of the final sequence where it magnetically holds a ball floating in the ring but I blew the follow-up shot to knock it out and drained right after.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

GameCube posted:

pinball fx is loving garbage. every time i give it another chance i regret it

me too but it's coming on Switch this month and I'm probably gonna buy it just cuz you can play vertically in handheld mode. wish it was Pinball Arcade instead

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gotta say the led animations on lotr are really cute tho

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Big bang bar is a good fun table but definitely overrated

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Also pinball fx2 is mostly poo poo but it does have some interesting concepts. Pinball Arcade rules, especially for learning a table youre going to play irl

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Safecracker is my must have at some point:

http://jasdcs.com/safecracker.htm

quote:

Timed Play: Rather than having 3 or 5 balls to play, the player has a certain amount of time. Extra time is earned by accomplishing certain tasks and also given occasionally as awards.

Token-Pin: Safe Cracker is the only "Token-Pin" game ever produced. Normally, the game operates on quarters just like every other pinball, but it also spits out special tokens for reaching certain modes during gameplay. These "Magic Tokens" can then be inserted back into the game through a different slot in the coin door to play a special mode. The tokens themselves are scarce, and are fairly highly collectible items by pinball enthusiasts.

Backglass/Board Game:
The backglass for the game is dominated by the "Board Game", which is an important part of gameplay. This is where the player gets from the Bank Entrance to The Vault. A variety of things can happen during the board game, including bribing hungry guards, 'finding' money at the ATM, and being chased by robotic dogs.. It takes a certain amount of luck to make it to the Vault to collect your Stash.

The "special mode" is a multiball called "Assault The Vault"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vOPoMaq3MQ

Deviant fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 8, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Deviant posted:

Safecracker is my must have at some point:

http://jasdcs.com/safecracker.htm

The "special mode" is a multiball called "Assault The Vault"