Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

The Phlegmatist posted:

it was constructed where alexander II got blown to bits, so it's basically the last gasp of tsarism

turns out terrible people can make beautiful things. and then brutalism came about and then terrible people made terrible things.
alexander II was pretty good, unlike his son and much like the creators of brutalism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME
page 200, get your last posts in now and then i close this thread and open a new one

(also in a/t, i remember there was some confusion last time)

Thirteen Orphans
Dec 2, 2012

I am a writer, a doctor, a nuclear physicist and a theoretical philosopher. But above all, I am a man, a hopelessly inquisitive man, just like you.

HEY GUNS posted:

page 200, get your last posts in now and then i close this thread and open a new one

(also in a/t, i remember there was some confusion last time)

I thought about sniping you and making a new thread first and call it the Liturgical Schismatic Thread but I really hate the word schismatic.

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

Senju Kannon posted:

i'll never understand tankies and their love of brutalism

brutalism's raison d'etre is collectivization and dehumanization

the former is good, the last is, uh...very very bad

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

The Phlegmatist posted:

brutalism's raison d'etre is collectivization and dehumanization

the former is good, the last is, uh...very very bad
brutalism's raison d'etre is an appreciation for the raw (brut) materials of construction, such as concrete with the framing marks still on it or unadorned wood. (although not every concrete pile is brutalist.) it's very good. it's especially good imo with plants growing on it

or juxtaposed with plant life

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

HEY GUNS posted:

they (and Catholic reddit) are trying to say the problem was that it was gay, not that none of it was consensual, even the parts involving adults

maybe u should become orthodox my friend

I'd like to say I'm surprised, but.... nah, that sounds exactly like some of my extended family.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

HEY GUNS posted:

brutalism's raison d'etre is an appreciation for the raw (brut) materials of construction, such as concrete with the framing marks still on it or unadorned wood. (although not every concrete pile is brutalist.) it's very good. it's especially good imo with plants growing on it

So where's the room with all the levers that I have to use in just the right sequence to make the platforms all level out so I can get to the next bit of the game?

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like art deco better, even though art deco has a shittier philosophy behind it

neo-grecco art on skyscrappers is just cool imho

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Senju Kannon posted:

i like art deco better, even though art deco has a shittier philosophy behind it

neo-grecco art on skyscrappers is just cool imho

check out the little details of the chrystler building, sounds like just your thing

The Belgian
Oct 28, 2008

pidan
Nov 6, 2012

All architectural styles are good, though cathedrals that take 500 years to build please me conceptually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003
the liturgical christianity thread, which often devolves into architectural chat

this is how horrifying mudslide mass casualties happen

• Locked thread